2012 Premier League Off-Season Thread

Cobb

Lots of reports coming out saying Didier Drogba told his teammates that he planned on leaving Chelsea, however his agent denies these reports. Really think he ends up leaving considering he probably won't settle for coming off the bench.

Mario Balotelli said today that he is not interested in moving back to Italy and that he wants to remain at Mancester City:

"I'm staying in Manchester. I want to stay there," Balotelli said Wednesday. "So I'd say no to Milan, not now, not in these years. I'm at City."

ESPN.com

Good lord, Chelsea just agreed to a £38m fee for Hulk. Seems like an outrageous amount of money if you ask me, but it's good news nonetheless for Chelsea fans.

Today is also the 50th Anniversary of The Hulk. :lol:

• 1 month later...

Rumor Central: Dempsey to Anfield?

Brendan Rodgers has high hopes for Liverpool – and he's wasting no time trying to reinforce his squad for that pursuit. The newly appointed manager is eager to make his first signing since taking over the Reds on June 1, and one of his first targets happens to be US international Clint Dempsey.

According to a report by the English newspaper The Mirror, Rodgers and the Liverpool front office are set to bid £7.5 million in an attempt to pry the English Premier League's fourth-leading scorer in 2011-12 away from Fulham's Craven Cottage and north to Anfield. A deal could be completed as early as Wednesday, if you believe the report, as Liverpool hope to lock up Deuce before their trip to the United States next week.

http://www.mlssoccer.com/blog/post/2012/07/10/rumor-central-dempsey-anfield

Rumor Central: Dempsey to Anfield?

Brendan Rodgers has high hopes for Liverpool – and he's wasting no time trying to reinforce his squad for that pursuit. The newly appointed manager is eager to make his first signing since taking over the Reds on June 1, and one of his first targets happens to be US international Clint Dempsey.

According to a report by the English newspaper The Mirror, Rodgers and the Liverpool front office are set to bid £7.5 million in an attempt to pry the English Premier League's fourth-leading scorer in 2011-12 away from Fulham's Craven Cottage and north to Anfield. A deal could be completed as early as Wednesday, if you believe the report, as Liverpool hope to lock up Deuce before their trip to the United States next week.

http://www.mlssoccer.com/blog/post/2012/07/10/rumor-central-dempsey-anfield

I'm a bit skeptical, but all the rumors are pointing towards a move to Liverpool. Guess it's now just a waiting game.

• 2 weeks later...

Even though Liverpool won't be in the Champs League next year he would def earn a higher weekly wage and play for one of the most storied clubs in Europe. On the other hand, some of the last transfers to LFC haven't panned out too well (e.g. Andy Carrol for 35 M GBP and Charlie Adam). I hope he stays but thats just bc I've become a big Fulham fan since the likes of McBride, Bocanegra, Keller and of course Dempsey all played at the Cottage.

http://news.bbcimg.co.uk/media/images/57390000/jpg/_57390479_dempsey.jpg

• 2 weeks later...