OTR's 8th Anniversary

Wow. I've only been here like 6 months and reading this is really disappointing. I hope that it doesn't close. I've been on other forums before, and none of them compare to this one. Most of them are so over-crowded, that you can't even post anything without 10 posts being posted at the same time and people just completely passing over you. I love this forum, and its the first forum I ever made it to 1,000 posts. I can understand your reasoning though RD. Not to be a dick, but OTR has not gone anywhere since i've been here in the past 6 months. Its actually been slowly going downhill. :(

I hope that if this has to happen, that we can all find a forum to be a part of again. Whether it be one made by Jenneral, run by Smitty or just another forum somewhere out there.

if you guys want to set up a fund i'll set up a new board after OTR goes away(RIP). we'd have to pretty much run on donations, but i'm willing to give it a shot if you guys are. i'd put smitty/kyle/acls/real as admins if either of them want to partake, put the same mods in, etc.

Been here since the season after the Heat won the ship in 06....since freshman year of high school. I am gonna miss checking this place every day out of just everyday routine. Hope to see you guys around if this place closes down.

if you guys want to set up a fund i'll set up a new board after OTR goes away(RIP). we'd have to pretty much run on donations, but i'm willing to give it a shot if you guys are. i'd put smitty/kyle/acls/real as admins if either of them want to partake, put the same mods in, etc.

We could run it for extremely cheap. We don't need this fancy forum software. We could go with a much more simplistic approach.

MyBB forum (free) + domain ($10 and I know of a good one if we can't use OTR) + hosting ($5-$10/month)

Wouldn't be that bad.

If theres a new forum, i'll chip in 5$ a month.

Take a look at this forum and let me know if you think it could work. This is the free forum software I was talking about and functionally I think it's right in line with this. http://community.mybb.com/

We could obviously customize a skin a little bit but it would definitely be more simplistic.

Edited by Jenneral

As inactive as I have been lately, I would really hate to see this place go. I have been here since I was 15 years old since my sophomore year in high school and now am almost 21 and about to enter my third year in college. Crazy stuff, this board has been far and away the best forum I have ever posted on and will deeply be missed along with the community.

Whether you decide to keep OTR going or not, thanks for everything RD.

Lol at mybb. If slaven can pledge 5 we should be fine

I don't know what's wrong with MyBB? I think both vB and IPB are way overpriced and aren't much different from MyBB to be honest.

Anyway, I'm about to drop $100 on a domain that will bring in tons of natural traffic from Google, so you [expletive]ers better be happy. :)

I don't know what's wrong with MyBB? I think both vB and IPB are way overpriced and aren't much different from MyBB to be honest.

Anyway, I'm about to drop $100 on a domain that will bring in tons of natural traffic from Google, so you [expletive]ers better be happy. :)

Why so harsh?

and this right here shows your inexperience in web development

haha ok.... I'm doing all of us at OTR a favor... at least try to act thankful, unless you're one of the people that would rather just see OTR disappear completely.

haha ok.... I'm doing all of us at OTR a favor... at least try to act thankful, unless you're one of the people that would rather just see OTR disappear completely.

you're trying to turn a profit. you're doing no one a favor. i'm sure if you made a poll, people would be more in favor of my plan to keep things the way they are

you're trying to turn a profit. you're doing no one a favor. i'm sure if you made a poll, people would be more in favor of my plan to keep things the way they are

1) How do you figure I'm trying to turn a profit?

2) If I was, how is that wrong? Have you seen every forum besides OTR?

3) What was your original plan? Keep all the head people in charge even though they're the ones getting rid of the site?

I don't care if you join what I come up with. I'm sure some members will find it useful and some won't join at all. There will also be people posting there that were never even on OTR, so it'll even out in the end.

If I do end up making a forum(if it comes down to that lol) it would be ran off of phpBB till I can get together enough money to upgrade to something better..considering that's the only other forum software I know how to use besides IPB.

Hmm, interesting.

When are we gonna play SSB again man.

If I do end up making a forum(if it comes down to that lol) it would be ran off of phpBB till I can get together enough money to upgrade to something better..considering that's the only other forum software I know how to use besides IPB.

When are we gonna play SSB again man.

I'm in my own place now, so I don't have a Wii anymore. :(