OTR's 8th Anniversary

I don't know what's wrong with MyBB? I think both vB and IPB are way overpriced and aren't much different from MyBB to be honest.

Anyway, I'm about to drop $100 on a domain that will bring in tons of natural traffic from Google, so you [expletive]ers better be happy. :)

Whats the domain?

1) How do you figure I'm trying to turn a profit?

2) If I was, how is that wrong? Have you seen every forum besides OTR?

3) What was your original plan? Keep all the head people in charge even though they're the ones getting rid of the site?

I don't care if you join what I come up with. I'm sure some members will find it useful and some won't join at all. There will also be people posting there that were never even on OTR, so it'll even out in the end.

I'd join your forum for sure. I'm not gunna lie though, I'd rather it not be filled with ads all through it though.... Kind of takes away from it. Thats always something I really liked about OTR. Brandon deserves A LOT of credit for not selling out and putting ads all over the site.

I'd join your forum for sure. I'm not gunna lie though, I'd rather it not be filled with ads all through it though.... Kind of takes away from it. Thats always something I really liked about OTR. Brandon deserves A LOT of credit for not selling out and putting ads all over the site.

Dont join his forum, he just wants to make a forum so he can make tournaments where he says that people get prize money but nobody ever receives any prize money.

Dont join his forum, he just wants to make a forum so he can make tournaments where he says that people get prize money but nobody ever receives any prize money.

:lol:

I offered tt8 his money, he didn't want it.

^ Word up! I can't help being an optimist... Whatever happens tho', just wanna let y'all know that OTR is the best forum I've had the pleasure of being on! Some of you guys make life worth living! Wish I could go out there and scream: "OTR ain't goin' anywhere!!!" [/dreams]

:rules:

^ Word up! I can't help being an optimist... Whatever happens tho', just wanna let y'all know that OTR is the best forum I've had the pleasure of being on! Some of you guys make life worth living! Wish I could go out there and scream: "OTR ain't goin' anywhere!!!" [/dreams]

:rules:

don't try and be a hero, you'll look bad

• Like 2

Guys..even if you don't like Shaliq..cut the damn baiting and put him on ignore. It's that stuff which is why B made this thread in the first place.

EDIT: And Shaliq, stop responding..you're just doing the same thing.

This is the first sports message board on which I ever posted and will probably be the last. Since I joined, I have never seen a forum run with the level of dedication seen from Brandon. I haven't contributed much in recent history, but there was always something special about this community. It's a shame it has to end this way.

I just saw this today, not sure where the hell I've been but I missed this.

I tried to contribute mostly in the best way I could here over the past few years. I've been here on and off under different names/accounts/etc. almost since this place opened, really. I've enjoyed my time on here and definitely thought this was one of the better communtiies I've been apart of.

This is the only forum I've been on the past two years or so because it's really the only one that I like how it's run. RD did a great job salute to you brother but I agree it's not worth your time/money anymore. Even though I'll miss it for basketball news and general discussion, it doesn't get enough activity to warrant your type of dedication. It's not fair to you anymore.

i came here after my friend danny's forum realballers shut down. dont post as much as everyone else, never became a key member, but i read the topics all the time dont go on ANY forum ever besides this one, everyones posts on here just make me laugh and this is also like DDR said the only site ive gotten to 1000 post, when i go on the internet OTR is usually the site i take a look at after Facebook, so clicking on it and having it be gone would be pretty damn sad . but..i couldnt imagine actually paying for one of these sites to be up, esp when activity is going down and not having time to enjoy it becuase of dealing with actual real life problems. anyways, much respect to real deal and all you guys. 8 years is one hell of a run for a forum.

Weird how the time I check up on OTR this post is the first I see. I know I haven't been around a lot lately, but whenever I come back and check up, the feeling I get is one of a community, not any regular sports forum. Even though I probably haven't spoken to most of you in years, I still feel as if I know most of you personally. I started posting on this site as a freshman in high school, and now I'm preparing for my second year of college this upcoming fall. Time really does fly. I come here after RBS fell through, and the atmosphere here was just amazing. Brandon was always a stand up guy, and I really don't think he was appreciated by some as he should've been. We all don't see the work that goes in behind the scenes, and I'd like to thank B for that, even if I haven't been active in quite some time. Even though it feels as if it's been so long since I posted, I still have a lot of great memories from this forum, and would be down to post when I could on any new forum you guys create. Maybe one day I'll be able to talk about the Knicks being elite team with all of you, but until that day comes I'll do my best to check in more than I've been. Thanks again Brandon and to the rest of the guys that have been here since I started posting, you guys made this community something I was proud to be apart of.

Don't overreact just yet. It's not even for sure that this site will shut down, so I think it's disrespectful to start talking about new forums ALREADY. Still some time left.

Instead of bickering at each other in this thread (showing why Brandon would want to shut it down) and discussing new forums so soon, just work on the activity and raise the maturity level.

We all talk about how we're older and don't have the time to be on as much anymore, well if we are all older, shouldn't maturity come along with that rather than just shots at each other?

I left S2 and JBB because of how horribly things were run, even though they had tons of members at the time.

While OTR does not have the same amount of members, the ownership has been beyond amazing. As said before, Brandon puts in so much effort on this site that goes unnoticed. From graphics to team rosters to paying for the site, etc. Show some respect to him.

Like most of you, I haven't been on much lately either. But I still love to read the news and posts on this site from my phone. If Brandon (or Kyle) want to get less fancy with the banners and skin and just focus on the discussion part, I'll be 110 percent down for that.

• Like 4