Kobe Fans Worst Nightmare

Spurs v.s. Heat.

Either Duncan will add to his resume that is better than Kobe's right now, or LeBron will get the first of many rings.

Which is worse for you Laker fans?

No troll.

http://www.submariner.org/thepno95/Pictures/not_sure_if_srs.jpg

• Owner

I don't want LeBron to win a single ring just because he's been celebrating since 2010, has nothing to do with Kobe for the simple fact that I know James won't win five of them.

I don't mind the Spurs winning it all, even though they have been our rivals. I actually respect the "big three" they have, and Coach Pop. Duncan's resume is not better than Bryant's, though...not sure where you get that from. Duncan's fifth (if he gets it) will be behind what Tony Parker has done, just as Kobe's first was behind Shaq (Bryant came out of nowhere and ran the offense + took the most FGA from the second championship on). Kobe's prime has lasted longer, despite having the second-most defensive attention since the Wilt era (only Shaq has drawn more).

Most Lakers fans want Boston to win the ECF, but lose in the Finals. Boston winning just means they add another ring to their list, which right now, tops the Lakers by one championship.

Just to let you know, a lot of Lakers fans would hate to see OKC win it all. Most of the fanbase hates Perkins, Westbrook, and Harden.

What you fail to realize is that even though the Lakers/Spurs has been a good rivalry for over 10 years, most Lakers fans don't despise the Spurs. I still feel more hatred towards the early 2000s Kings and those Suns teams that were led by Nash and Stoudemire even though the Lakers got the last laugh in both of those rivalries.

Playing the Spurs was the only time that Phil Jackson ever had the ability to be outcoached by someone.

Edited by Lkr

I don't want LeBron to win a single ring just because he's been celebrating since 2010, has nothing to do with Kobe for the simple fact that I know James won't win five of them.

I don't mind the Spurs winning it all, even though they have been our rivals. I actually respect the "big three" they have, and Coach Pop. Duncan's resume is not better than Bryant's, though...not sure where you get that from. Duncan's fifth (if he gets it) will be behind what Tony Parker has done, just as Kobe's first was behind Shaq (Bryant came out of nowhere and ran the offense + took the most FGA from the second championship on). Kobe's prime has lasted longer, despite having the second-most defensive attention since the Wilt era (only Shaq has drawn more).

Most Lakers fans want Boston to win the ECF, but lose in the Finals. Boston winning just means they add another ring to their list, which right now, tops the Lakers by one championship.

Just to let you know, a lot of Lakers fans would hate to see OKC win it all. Most of the fanbase hates Perkins, Westbrook, and Harden.

What you fail to realize is that even though the Lakers/Spurs has been a good rivalry for over 10 years, most Lakers fans don't despise the Spurs. I still feel more hatred towards the early 2000s Kings and those Suns teams that were led by Nash and Stoudemire even though the Lakers got the last laugh in both of those rivalries.

Playing the Spurs was the only time that Phil Jackson ever had the ability to be outcoached by someone.

I know I said "Lakers fans" in the post, but I'm talking more about major Kobe fans, which many of whom are Lakers fans. I saw this question on another forum, so that's why I made the topic.

I fully believe that many Lakers fans hate OKC more, but when it comes down to Kobe himself and his place in history, I think this would be an interesting scenario.

and in 2011 by Rick Carlisle :glasses: :glasses:

anyways, I'd think the Heat if anyone. the Spurs have always been a classy team, Lakers have actually had the upper hand for the most part since 1999, so I'd think LBJ winning his first would be bad.

Spurs would be better since they are remnants of an era consisting of them and lakers. Also, it will make lakers/kobes legacy better because we've rivaled them for so long. the better this spurs core looks, the better the lakers will look.

Most "Laker fans" would hate the Heat winning the most of anyone just because so many of them have an agenda against LeBron James. Because LeBron has never done anything to the Lakers to form any kind of hatred it is clear this agenda stems from the fact that deep down inside they know that LeBron is better than Kobe Bryant and if LeBron were to win multiple championships Kobe would have literally NO case over the King. Let's face it, LeBron has physical abilities/skills/stats that Kobe couldn't even get in his dreams.

Duncan already has a much better resume than Kobe. He has 4 rings as the man and Kobe has 2 as the man and 3 as the sidekick. Not to mention his team has been consistantly great every single year of his career never having to reload on lottery picks yet still being a 50+ win team. Duncan is the ONLY constant on all of those Spurs teams. More MVPs, more Finals MVPs, more rings as the best player, and he is a bigman. It shouldn't be a discussion.

Kobe fans don't care about Duncan much though because he doesn't have many diehard fans that argue his case while LeBron has a huge fanbase.

• Like 1

I could care less if Duncan won another NBA championship, dude is humble and deserves it. Plus what does that have to do with Kobe? Duncan has a far better supporting cast than Kobe right now, he isn't "better" than Kobe right now his team is. As for Lebron I wish he never wins a NBA championship. I despise Boston and I find myself rooting for them right now, it's gotten to that point.

(...) Most Lakers fans want Boston to win the ECF, but lose in the Finals. Boston winning just means they add another ring to their list, which right now, tops the Lakers by one championship. (...)

I could never understand Laker fans. With all due respect, why in the world would you wanna see your biggest rival win another conference title?! If I were a Laker fan I wouldn't wanna see Boston in the playoffs. I mean - if you hate - hate like a real hater, and show some HATE. SMH. <_<

• Owner

I could never understand Laker fans. With all due respect, why in the world would you wanna see your biggest rival win another conference title?! If I were a Laker fan I wouldn't wanna see Boston in the playoffs. I mean - if you hate - hate like a real hater, and show some HATE. SMH. <_>

Well, for me, conference titles don't mean anything. If you were to tell me the Lakers won the WCF and went on to get swept in the Finals, I'd be disappointed as hell, and would throw our season out the window as if we lost in the first round.

When you have future HOF'ers, superstars and all-stars on the team...it's always championship or bust. Boston is still there, despite their age, so anything less would be a failed season.

Teams that rarely get that far...that's a different story, because they see a conference championship as progress, with the door slightly open to win it all in the following seasons. If Toronto landed in the NBA Finals, the fans would go ballistic just to see them in it, with hopes that they can add one or two pieces to be champs the following season.

At this point, Boston's conference and division titles are irrelevant. We just don't want them to win it all.

• Like 1

Well, for me, conference titles don't mean anything. If you were to tell me the Lakers won the WCF and went on to get swept in the Finals, I'd be disappointed as hell, and would throw our season out the window as if we lost in the first round.

When you have future HOF'ers, superstars and all-stars on the team...it's always championship or bust. (...) so anything less would be a failed season. (...)

That's exactly why I said:

I said no one will care about the fact that your Lakers had 'a shot' in a Second Round series where they lost in five. And yes, I know at least the Lakers won a game, and didn't get swept. Ask Kobe if he cares about that lone win... he'll probably wanna kill you.