GM6: San Antonio at Oklahoma City

It's easy to blame the officials, but SA gave up a huge lead (in this game and the series) and their offense was completely shut down in the 4th. OKC was the better team and deserved to win this game.

It's easy to blame the officials, but SA gave up a huge lead (in this game and the series) and their offense was completely shut down in the 4th. OKC was the better team and deserved to win this game.

I think you meant the 3rd quarter the offense was shut down. However going into the 4th the Spurs had a 1 point lead, which was erased by bogus calls throughout. I have never blamed the refs for a game (until now), but they single handedly let the Thunder back in the game and prevented the Spurs from taking the lead again.

It all started with the bullshit technical on Jackson (who was amazing this game).

In the 4th the Spurs were down 4 with about 8 minutes left. Manu Ginobili gets called for an offensive foul that erases a Leonard 3. Should have been down 1 at that point. Thunder bring the ball down and Sjax gets some bogus reaching in call. The next two possessions were wiped away as well. Manu Ginobili should have had an and 1 but was called for a charge when KD was still moving. More FT's for OKC. The Spurs then lose another possession because of a BS "moving screen" by Duncan. More FTs. So instead of being down by only 2 it went to a 7 point lead.

Hard to fight back like that

Edited by Finch23
  • Like 2

Manu Ginobili should have had an and 1 but was called for a charge when KD was still moving.

The offensive foul that Durant drew was legit and a great defensive play. The offensive foul that I think Harden drew on Manu (the one where I think Leonard hit the 3) was absolute bullshit, though.

Regardless, SA gave this game away. They let a big lead slip away, and let OKC be the aggressors that 2nd half. That was the story of the series.

I'm all for admitting OKC is the better team, but that 4 minute stretch that BFT pointed out was some of the most blatant home cooking I have ever seen. I know everyone says "I never blame the refs", and I don't (until tonight), but that 4 minutes surely cost the Spurs the game. OKC hit some damn big shots, I'll give credit for that.

As a Spurs fan all my life, it really is sad to see the big three go out with a game like that when they all played their hearts out. This loss hurts more than .4 just because I know that the end of the Duncan era is here. This year was their last chance and dark gloomy days are on the Spurs horizon. I can only imagine feeling worse when Duncan does decide to hang them up....

I'm all for admitting OKC is the better team, but that 4 minute stretch that BFT pointed out was some of the most blatant home cooking I have ever seen. I know everyone says "I never blame the refs", and I don't (until tonight), but that 4 minutes surely cost the Spurs the game. OKC hit some damn big shots, I'll give credit for that.

As a Spurs fan all my life, it really is sad to see the big three go out with a game like that when they all played their hearts out. This loss hurts more than .4 just because I know that the end of the Duncan era is here. This year was their last chance and dark gloomy days are on the Spurs horizon. I can only imagine feeling worse when Duncan does decide to hang them up....

least he has 4 rings.

It is pretty damn hard to be aggressive when this happens:

9:59 Gary Neal shooting foul (Kevin Durant draws the foul)

9:15 Tim Duncan offensive foul (Derek Fisher draws the foul)

9:02 Kawhi Leonard shooting foul (Kevin Durant draws the foul)

8:40 Manu Ginobili shooting foul (James Harden draws the foul)

8:18 Manu Ginobili offensive foul (Kevin Durant draws the foul)

6:56 Manu Ginobili shooting foul (Russell Westbrook draws the foul)

6:35 Stephen Jackson personal foul (Kevin Durant draws the foul)

5:52 Manu Ginobili offensive foul (James Harden draws the foul)

5:13 Stephen Jackson personal foul (Kevin Durant draws the foul)

OKC shot 12 free throws in a 4 minute stretch. San Antonio had at least 6 points taken from them. Even if you want to argue Durant's drawn charge was legit (it wasn't, but I'm not going to argue that) they still had Leonard's 3 wiped away, a BS offensive call on Duncan and a non-call on a Parker shot.

The worst thing about all of this? Like you said, OKC was the better team and deserved to win this series. They got back into the game in the 3rd quarter because of them simply shutting down the Spurs offense and executing their own. There is a damn good chance they would've won this game even if it wasn't for the preferential treatment from the refs. Even if they didn't come back and it did go to game 7, they would've had a great chance at that as well.

Unfortunately, we will never know any of this because of how garbage the officiating was. You may not care, but me personally, I'm pretty pissed off that we just saw one of the best series in a long time be completely taken over by the zebras.

Edited by EastCoastNiner