Grizzlies Expected to Shop Rudy Gay

The Memphis Grizzlies will consider trading Rudy Gay this offseason, league sources told Hoops World‘s Alex Kennedy.

Gay, 25, is owed $53 million over the next three seasons. He has been mentioned in trade rumors over the past two seasons, but Kennedy reports things should grow more serious this summer.

The report lists the Golden State Warriors, Toronto Raptors, Brooklyn Nets and Orlando Magic as teams possibly interested in Gay.

The Grizzlies fell to the Los Angeles Clippers in the first round of the playoffs this year. Gay averaged 19 points per game in the series but shot only 21 percent from behind the three-point line.

In 2011, with Gay sidelined with an injury, the team advanced to the second round.

http://tracking.si.com/2012/06/04/memphis-grizzlies-rudy-gay-trade/

At the deadline the Raptors dealt Barbosa for a 2nd, giving them exactly enough cap room prior to July 1st to make a trade of the 8th pick and Linas Kleiza for Rudy Gay. Coincidence?

I'd be surprised if he isn't dealt to either the Raptors or the Warriors for their lottery picks, though.

I would love for the Rockets to get in on this deal but I don't see any offer that would interest the Grizzlies to budge. The best I can think of is Kevin Martin, Patrick Patterson, and our 2 first round picks for Gay but no way I see this happening. We shouldn't never traded him to begin with looking back what the hell was The Rockets thinking trading Gay for Battier smh.