DiscussHoops.com

• Owner

Does this mean we're sticking around?! :)

Yes. I actually told Kyle and the mods we weren't going anywhere from the start.

Over the years, I've done questionable things to draw reactions...positive or negative...to get a feel of what I want to do in the future. I've shut it down once before to catch a hacker, stepped down once to do the same thing. I eliminated the entire staff, everyone but myself, a while back (don't remember why, but there was a reason for it). I swapped administrators, naming Smitty and Jammin the new admins, placing ALCS and Gamerguy as lead moderators, through the summer. I once locked up the forums after the Heat/Mavericks Finals series.

The only real danger the site has been in, regarding the place shutting down, would probably be when I lost my vision. Of course, everyone that knows me outside of the site knows that was 100% legitimate (despite what a few jackasses said elsewhere), but even at that time, I gave full control to Aaron, and if he were to eventually step down (and he did, much later), I know Kyle would keep it going, anyway.

• Like 1

Damn I might have to change my sig for the first time in years lol.

Great to see that the site isn't going anywhere though.

Why don't you change only the one you might use on other sites (to promote our new board's name), and keep the original name here?

Anyway, in before 'OTR-Player' became 'DH-Player':

http://i.imgur.com/uOADc.png

^ I'll miss 'OTR' on those...

Glad to hear that the site is staying around. Hopefully the name-change will help us in recruiting new members as there won't be any specific stigmas attached (if OTR had any to begin with).

YEES!! Thrilled to see we're sticking around! Not going to lie, i've browsed around at a couple forums since the news came out, and every single forum I looked at was not even remotely close to the quality of OTR Discuss Hoops ;)

THank you Brandon for not giving up, and I like the new name. It will probably bring in more new members.

I just don't understand what the name change accomplishes? Obviously I don't know much about the forum business and how to be successful (I only post here and in the 1 sim league I am in) but I just don't see how a name change will change that much?

Anyways, just glad this board is sticking around. I wish we had 10-15 more active members but honestly the ball talk here is top notch, just wish there was more of it. I still think that the lack of topics being created holds us back. I feel like the general NBA forum is so underutilized by members here.

We can't rely on RD to make all the topics of discussion all the time. I've never been a fan of team forums, and wish they were just used to post news and realgm sort of shit, whereas the general nba forum we have arguments and whatnot. But hey, thats just me.

But I will try to make more of an effort to generate discussion. I don't often make topics but given that the site is sticking around, I'll try to help with the new topics getting made.

Edited by Check my Stats

• Owner

Hmm..does that mean new logo, or we stick with the classic ALCS silhouette?

I figured we'd stick with it, since it's actually a member and not a pro player...but we can always discuss that.

Also glad to see that the trade proposal forum got made. Remember posting about that a while back. I think that could be a really useful forum if people buy into it.

Your idea, right? I tried to find the post, searched in a few topics, but it was difficult for me to do that because I had no idea who made that post, lol. I just kept it in mind since I read it a while ago, didn't want to start it up until we were done with the Finals, but we're close enough.

Hell yeah. I saw on FB this morning that it said you started a new business called discusshoops.com I didn't know what was going on. Good to see things are good and hopefully with this name we can get more members.