Boston's mayor gets names wrong of a few Celtic players

Boston mayor Thomas Menino, who has a dubious history of blunders and mispronunciations when talking about the city's sports teams, stuck his foot in his mouth again Wednesday when discussing the Celtics' performance in the Eastern Conference finals."There's a lot of heart in this team, let me just tell you," Menino told reporters, before adding, "KJ is great but Hondo is really the inspiration. Hondo drives that team."KJ, of course, should be KG, Kevin Garnett. "KJ" was the nickname for former Phoenix Suns guard Kevin Johnson, who is currently the mayor of Sacramento. And "Hondo" was Celtics legend John Havlicek's nickname. Hondo hasn't graced the Boston parquet since 1978. Menino was referring to Celtics guard Rajon Rondo.Menino appears to be able to laugh at himself, however. On Thursday, he tweeted: "You know it's championship season when I flub our athletes' names! Sorry KG & Rondo, it's kind of my thing -- another Menino-ism!"

Source: ESPN