Haslem Ain't Afraid Of No Ghosts

Lkr

OKLAHOMA CITY

Udonis Haslem makes it clear that he ain't afraid of no ghosts. But that doesn't mean the Miami Heat forward isn't willing to give a resident poltergeist his distance.

With Oklahoma City lacking the Ritz Carlton and Four Seasons level of accommodations the Heat are used to, these NBA Finals against the Thunder have delivered them to the century-old Skirvin Hilton. And that has delivered them to the gates of . . .

Well, it depends on what you choose to believe.

According to local legend, the hotel's original owner, W.B. Skirvin, had an affair with a maid that resulted in a pregnancy. Supposedly, to protect his reputation she was locked in a room on the 10th floor. According to the tale, not recorded at the time in any manner, she grew despondent and eventually jumped out a window with the baby in her arms.

Since then? Strange noises and other reports of paranormal activity. Or not.

But plenty of NBA legend, from Boston Celtics forward Brandon Bass insisting on a nightlight for his stays to Chicago Bulls forward Taj Gibson reporting his bathroom door mysteriously slamming in the middle of the night.

Haslem, though, said he can appreciate sharing his space, need be.

"I'm a pretty good guy, man. I respect everybody's space," he said. "If that's the ghost's room and they come pop up on me like that and he says it's his spot, he can have it. There's plenty other rooms.

"I don't want to be in a room where somebody died or was locked up for 10 years or whatever the story's supposed to be. I don't want that room."

He said he has slept fine these past few nights.

"I would have to see that to believe that," he said. "Not saying it doesn't exist, but I just need to see that with my own eyes. If I see it, maybe I'll believe it then."

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/miami-heat/sfl-miami-heat-haunted-hotel-s061212,0,545085.story

Is that the only hotel in the area? lol

I would shit myself. I stayed in a really old house my family owns in Spain where so many old people have died, and I would always hear the floor squeak and random cold breezes and stuff.

Edited by SRV

Hahahaha, they are staying at the Skirvin Hilton.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/d/d1/Skrivinatnight.jpg/800px-Skrivinatnight.jpg

that place actually looks dope. we could have the meetup there

Rumours of a haunting in the hotel persist, and have even been cited by NBA teams, notably in 2010 when the New York Knicks famously blamed their loss to the Oklahoma City Thunder on the haunting and when the Chicago Bulls reported doors slamming shut on their own and strange sounds outside their rooms. [4][5][6]

oh man if the heat lose tonight, i hope someone asks lebron and wade about this