Oklahoma City @ Orlando

alcstarheel

• 3 months later...
  • Owner

Monster beating in the making, especially if Westbrook decides to play reckless basketball. The crazy thing is, the Magic aren't sitting so well at the point with Jameer gone, and ball movement won't be so fluid without Turkoglu, so they could be in a situation that suits the Thunder better. All OKC has to do is force Dwight to catch the ball out of the paint area, and defend the perimeter. Sounds easy, but it never is.

• Owner

I was sort of pissed because they didn't show this game on our local channel (they usually do despite it being a road game, not sure why they skipped it now).

I expected the Magic to take it, though...and it was a beating after three, with Orlando up 30, haha. They just took that comfortable lead and decided to coast through the fourth. Looks like they didn't limit Howard very well in the 18-19 minutes he played (still put up 11/10), and the Magic did end up hitting 13/31 threes (which is a good 41% from downtown).

Harden had a great game, but all five starters shot a combined 14-46 from the floor (30.4%) and none of them shot over 39%.

• Like 1

I was sort of pissed because they didn't show this game on our local channel (they usually do despite it being a road game, not sure why they skipped it now).

I expected the Magic to take it, though...and it was a beating after three, with Orlando up 30, haha. They just took that comfortable lead and decided to coast through the fourth. Looks like they didn't limit Howard very well in the 18-19 minutes he played (still put up 11/10), and the Magic did end up hitting 13/31 threes (which is a good 41% from downtown).

Harden had a great game, but all five starters shot a combined 14-46 from the floor (30.4%) and none of them shot over 39%.

Do you think we have a shot of beating the Celtics this friday? It's in Boston.

• Owner

Do you think we have a shot of beating the Celtics this friday? It's in Boston.

Not sure, to be honest. It'll be a tough game without Jameer. Rondo will simply pick apart J-Will (who is playing on bad knees, doesn't have that quickness or lift he used to have).

If I were to put money on it, with it being in Boston, I'd take the Celtics. I think that Sheed will find a way to draw fouls on Howard, and when you remove him, it's all up to Carter and Lewis to beat a very deep Boston team.

Carter needs to go right after Ray Allen from the start, get him into foul trouble, wear him down and take away that three-point threat to begin with. With Pietrus giving Pierce fits (cross your fingers and hope he keeps him from that accurate elbow jumper), it forces Rondo and Garnett into a two-man game against the Magic, who will start launching threes to put Boston to sleep, as their perimeter defense isn't as solid as the interior defense they'll pull from their hat.

So...while Boston could take it, I really wouldn't be surprised if Orlando pulls out with a win. They just need to contain Pierce and get Allen out of the game.

• Like 1