Cleveland @ Washington

• 3 months later...
  • Owner

Haha, Jessica was pissed off during that fourth. LeBron sat forever, and Washington was scoring with basic high school basketball plays, while Cleveland was struggling to even get a shot off. So many defensive lapses in this game by the Cavaliers...just not used to seeing that.

Haha, Jessica was pissed off during that fourth. LeBron sat forever, and Washington was scoring with basic high school basketball plays, while Cleveland was struggling to even get a shot off. So many defensive lapses in this game by the Cavaliers...just not used to seeing that.

:rolleyes: Always hating.

• Owner

:rolleyes: Always hating.

Ah, right...because no real NBA team runs basic basketball plays, only Washington. You know, like the pick and roll, and a simple cut to the basket and penetration and kick-out...

Nobody is hating on the Wizards. If I was hating, I'd say that they got lucky, it was a fluke win against a contender, and they'll never be able to play like that against them in a seven-game series. Which do you prefer?

I also gave Washington credit for their defense.

If I hate on a team, I hate on very good teams that are a threat to the Lakers. Washington sure the hell isn't one of them.

Ah, right...because no real NBA team runs basic basketball plays, only Washington. You know, like the pick and roll, and a simple cut to the basket and penetration and kick-out...

Nobody is hating on the Wizards. If I was hating, I'd say that they got lucky, it was a fluke win against a contender, and they'll never be able to play like that against them in a seven-game series. Which do you prefer?

I also gave Washington credit for their defense.

If I hate on a team, I hate on very good teams that are a threat to the Lakers. Washington sure the hell isn't one of them.

At which point did you credit Washington for their defense this game? I drew my assumption that you were hating based on past comments by you directed towards the Wizards as a result of your strong dislike towards Arenas, as well as the inclusion of the word "basic" to describe how the Wizards played. You act as if it is near impossible to have anything good to say about them.

• Owner

At which point did you credit Washington for their defense this game? I drew my assumption that you were hating based on past comments by you directed towards the Wizards as a result of your strong dislike towards Arenas, as well as the inclusion of the word "basic" to describe how the Wizards played. You act as if it is near impossible to have anything good to say about them.

while Cleveland was struggling to even get a shot off

That doesn't mean they were all standing there, wide open, not able to get a shot off because they all have Tourette Syndrome, it means the Wizards were playing good defense.

And I said the Wizards were scoring with basic high school plays. They were using simple cuts to the basket. They were using simple pick and roll play (just like the Suns do, one of the best teams in the league right now).

Your Wizards aren't that important to me to sit here and hate on them.

That doesn't mean they were all standing there, wide open, not able to get a shot off because they all have Tourette Syndrome, it means the Wizards were playing good defense.

And I said the Wizards were scoring with basic high school plays. They were using simple cuts to the basket. They were using simple pick and roll play (just like the Suns do, one of the best teams in the league right now).

Your Wizards aren't that important to me to sit here and hate on them.

You're clearly attempting to cover up your subtle hating comment on them, but you referred to their basic plays as "high school" plays. I fail to see how that is crediting them. We played good defense, as well as ran good fundamental plays on offense (not basic high school plays, as you refer to them as).

Also, your last comment referencing the Lakers isn't necessary in a thread referring to a game between Cleveland and Washington. No one is saying we are contenders, but us fans are proud of our performance against a contending team.

• Owner

You're clearly attempting to cover up your subtle hating comment on them, but you referred to their basic plays as "high school" plays. I fail to see how that is crediting them. We played good defense, as well as ran good fundamental plays on offense (not basic high school plays, as you refer to them as).

Let me put it in layman's terms, so you understand it better: I was rooting for your lame team. I don't want Cleveland to win more games than my Lakers. If they do, they get home court against us when they beat the Wizards in the playoffs on their way to a possible NBA Finals berth. Is that too difficult to understand?

Also, the pick and roll is a simple basketball play/move. So is a cut. Washington was beating the Cavaliers to the punch. How? Butler penetrated, found Blatche cutting to the rim, and he dished it off for an easy dunk. Basic basketball play. Boykins had a pick set for him, he came off it and hit a jumper. Basic basketball play.

If I need to make it any clearer, I'll have to draw the diagram for you.

Also, your last comment referencing the Lakers isn't necessary in a thread referring to a game between Cleveland and Washington. No one is saying we are contenders, but us fans are proud of our performance against a contending team.

Your whining about my hate for Gilbert Arenas isn't necessary in a topic discussing a basketball game where I didn't bash him at all, so take your own advice for a change.

I'll learn to never root for this team again. Maybe you'll see me pound the Earth with them every single game they play, so you can truly see me hating on them. Maybe that's what you need to experience.

Let me put it in layman's terms, so you understand it better: I was rooting for your lame team. I don't want Cleveland to win more games than my Lakers. If they do, they get home court against us when they beat the Wizards in the playoffs on their way to a possible NBA Finals berth. Is that too difficult to understand?

Also, the pick and roll is a simple basketball play/move. So is a cut. Washington was beating the Cavaliers to the punch. How? Butler penetrated, found Blatche cutting to the rim, and he dished it off for an easy dunk. Basic basketball play. Boykins had a pick set for him, he came off it and hit a jumper. Basic basketball play.

If I need to make it any clearer, I'll have to draw the diagram for you.

Your whining about my hate for Gilbert Arenas isn't necessary in a topic discussing a basketball game where I didn't bash him at all, so take your own advice for a change.

I'll learn to never root for this team again. Maybe you'll see me pound the Earth with them every single game they play, so you can truly see me hating on them. Maybe that's what you need to experience.

Well this maturity level is just fascinating, attempting to put me down in the argument by talking to me like I am some incoherent child.

Anyway... I already understood your "credentials" for the Wizards this game, even though it was said in a tone that still subtly rags on them. If you would like to draw a diagram to get your smug comments across more clearly, go right ahead.

And in regards to the end of your post, yes I would be more than happy to see you hate on them for real, because that would be a truly painful experience for me and the very few Wizards fans on this forum.

• Owner

Well this maturity level is just fascinating, attempting to put me down in the argument by talking to me like I am some incoherent child.

Anyway... I already understood your "credentials" for the Wizards this game, even though it was said in a tone that still subtly rags on them. If you would like to draw a diagram to get your smug comments across more clearly, go right ahead.

And in regards to the end of your post, yes I would be more than happy to see you hate on them for real, because that would be a truly painful experience for me and the very few Wizards fans on this forum.

For one, you are the one that misunderstood my post, buddy. You took the first shot, as always. I have backed off of Gilbert lately, haven't said anything bad in a while other than what I said about his fiance (who was a cheater, so she deserved it), but it's you who whines and moans about a damn comment that YOU took out of context, just trying to find a reason to point fingers at someone for hating on your underachieving Wizards.

You also have this funny habit of acting like an OTR admin, telling me what belongs in topics and what doesn't. You just had that shoved back in your face with the Gilbert comment you dished out, so that's now a topic left for yet another day.

And finally, if you really want me to hate on your team, you'll probably leave the site. I have plenty to hate about, trust me. I have tons of comments to bring up about 50-win season predictions (great start so far!), staying healthy (sure looks like it), about Gilbert's contributions (he's shooting under 41% before tonight's game, 4.4 turnovers), Caron's contributions (he's under 40% before tonight), how Stevenson would play well for them off the bench (and that's so inaccurate, it's amazing), how Young could be a pivotal bench player (LOL), among other things.

I suggest you find a way to tell the difference between a person hating on your team, and one giving them credit for playing good defense and scoring without much effort on offense.

For one, you are the one that misunderstood my post, buddy. You took the first shot, as always. I have backed off of Gilbert lately, haven't said anything bad in a while other than what I said about his fiance (who was a cheater, so she deserved it), but it's you who whines and moans about a damn comment that YOU took out of context, just trying to find a reason to point fingers at someone for hating on your underachieving Wizards.

You also have this funny habit of acting like an OTR admin, telling me what belongs in topics and what doesn't. You just had that shoved back in your face with the Gilbert comment you dished out, so that's now a topic left for yet another day.

And finally, if you really want me to hate on your team, you'll probably leave the site. I have plenty to hate about, trust me. I have tons of comments to bring up about 50-win season predictions (great start so far!), staying healthy (sure looks like it), about Gilbert's contributions (he's shooting under 41% before tonight's game, 4.4 turnovers), Caron's contributions (he's under 40% before tonight), how Stevenson would play well for them off the bench (and that's so inaccurate, it's amazing), how Young could be a pivotal bench player (LOL), among other things.

I suggest you find a way to tell the difference between a person hating on your team, and one giving them credit for playing good defense and scoring without much effort on offense.

Me not acting like a [expletive] and telling you not to instigate a pointless argument in another topic that draws back from a debate in this topic does not classify me as "acting like an admin."

Do you honestly think one member (Yes, member. Hop off of your power horse, we are all on an equal speaking level here) has enough in them to make me want to leave the site because they are hating on my team that I stand by despite some rough patches we undergo? Think again, there's absolutely nothing anyone can say on a forum to make me want to leave, even if the "owner" bad mouths and disrespects me or my team.

You may have been crediting the Wizards indirectly, but it is the matter by which you present your "compliments" that still suggests your lack of acceptance for their good play tonight. You are a fan of a powerful team right now, so it is easy for you to hate on one that is struggling to improve such as the one I stand by. Feel free to bash, but I'll keep retaliating.