DH 2012 Mock Draft Challenge Sign-Ups

Built Ford Tough

This has been fairly successful for the past two years, so I figured I'd run it again this year. With the draft being 13 days away, I guess it would make sense to post this now.

Anybody who has participated in the last two years should know the drill. For anybody who either hasn't been here for the last two years or is just interested in participating this year, well, here is how it works:

Rules:

1. Each poster will create a mock draft of the first round only which they will private message to me. Each poster will have until the start of the draft to PM me their mocks. You can edit your mock and send a new one to me whenever, but once the draft begins all submissions are final.

2. Point system: For every correct pick you receive 3 points. For every player 1 pick off you receive 2 points. For every player 2 picks off you receive 1 point. If your mock has a player more than 2 slots away from his draft position you get 0 points for that player. (example below)

3. Each poster will need to private message me the mock that they wish to enter into the competition prior to the start of the draft. I'll try to get a more concrete time once I know my schedule on that day. Despite this, we encourage all of you who wish to post a mock draft to go ahead and do so. Just make sure to message me with the one that you wish to use during the contest.

4. 5 bonus points will be rewarded if you are able to get the entire lottery correct.

5. In the event of a tie, the winner will be whoever gets the most picks exactly correct.

Example of scoring system

Real Draft Order

1. Kyrie Irving

2. Derrick Williams

3. Enes Kanter

4. Tristan Thompson

5. Jonas Valanciunas

6. Jan Vesely

7. Bismack Biyombo

8. Brandon Knight

9. Kemba Walker

10. Jimmer Freddette

You Mock Order

1. Kyrie Irving 3 points

2. Derrick Williams 3 points

3. Brandon Knight 0 points

4. Enes Kanter 2 points

5. Jonas Valanciunas 3 points

6. Kawhi Leonard 0 points

7. Kemba Walker 1 point

8. Tristian Thompson 0 points

9. Alec Burks 0 points

10. Klay Thompson 2 points

So if you are interested in signing up, post in this thread to let me know.

PS: If anybody has any new ideas that they feel would make this better, feel free to post about them in this thread and if enough people like the idea, we will implement it into this year's contest.

Participants

BFT

Guru

DemarDerozanDunk

Real Deal

Jenneral

TheHutch

Make It Naaaashty

htownborn

AboveLegit

Simba

Check my Stats

fish7718

Dash

Legacy

Previous Top 3

1. Built Ford Tough - 53 points

2. Real Deal - 46 points

3. iMan - 45 points

1. Showtime16 - 33 points

2. Built Ford Tough - 31 points

3. Ecko50100/#HelloBrooklyn - 30 points

• Owner

Sean, you can enter as well...just send me your mock (so people won't accuse you of editing it if you win).

I'll play, but I won't be eligible for the gift card (if Paul decides to do that).

Sean, you can enter as well...just send me your mock (so people won't accuse you of editing it if you win).

I'll play, but I won't be eligible for the gift card (if Paul decides to do that).

I'll just do it like I've done the last two years.

I'll post a thread with all the mocks prior to the draft starting. That way everybody can see all the mocks and there is no way that there can be any accusations of cheating, favourtism or anything of that nature.

However, if I do have to work or something comes up that night, I will send you my mock to make sure it is fair.

• Like 1

Of course I am willing to do this for the site. Not a problem.

Of course I am willing to do this for the site. Not a problem.

Are you planning on entering a mock as well? Even if you aren't eligible for the prize, feel free to still enter a mock like Brandon and I are doing.

Fish, good idea. I'll edit the OP with the top 3 posters for the past years.

Are you planning on entering a mock as well? Even if you aren't eligible for the prize, feel free to still enter a mock like Brandon and I are doing.

Fish, good idea. I'll edit the OP with the top 3 posters for the past years.

I plan on participating. And I would be eligible for the prize if I won. If you are not first your last.

So I finally figured out my schedule for this upcoming week which will allow me to finally set some deadlines.

I work from 1 to 9:30 PST time on Thursday. I'll still run this competition, but unlike the past two years I'll be creating the thread with all the mocks a bit earlier than I usually do and I won't have the results tallied until I get home from work.

With that said, for everybody entering the competition, try to have your mocks sent to me by 11:59 PM PST on Wednesday. I'll make the thread before I go to bed that night. Once I make the thread, all mocks are final and I won't be accepting new mocks or allow any edits to any that have been entered.

I'll tally the results when I get home and should have the scores posted by around 11PM PST (give or take) Thursday night.

Is that ok with everybody?

If you need me to, I can run it...not a problem at all. If you want to drop in and do the scores, that's fine...and I can rake in the mocks. Whatever is better for you.

I guess that makes more sense as it would allow people to make any adjustments in case anything happens in the morning leading up to the draft.

Really, whatever you guys want to do. If you all think it would be better to send them to Brandon to allow that little bit of extra time Thursday morning, that it fine by me.