Best current athlete without a championship?

Cobb

With LeBron obviously winning one last night, ESPN First Take brought up this topic and I thought it was pretty interesting.

Skip Bayless picked Philip Rivers, while Stephen A. Smith and John Salley chose Michael Vick. I personally would love to see Michael Vick win one, and he definitely has the pieces to do it.

Who do you guys think is the best current athlete without a championship?

Edited by Cobb

Its tough to judge baseball players individually with rings because there's so many other people they have to rely on.

All time I'd probably say Barry Sanders or Karl Malone.

Current athlete's I'd go with Vick, Durant, CP3

I would have said Ovechkin a season ago. Now its probably Durant, Philip Rivers, Stamkos. Durant and Stamkos I would really count though because they're so young. I think the question should be best current athlete who has played 7 or 8+ seasons without a championship.

Is Randy Moss still active? Ed Reed is also missing a ring

Yeh the Niners signed him, and word is that he's in really good physical condition.

I guess I don't understand this question though. How is Nash "the best" current athlete? He's not even a top 5 pg anymore. He's deserving of a championship, but I could name countless number of better players ahead of him.

Yeh the Niners signed him, and word is that he's in really good physical condition.

I guess I don't understand this question though. How is Nash "the best" current athlete? He's not even a top 5 pg anymore. He's deserving of a championship, but I could name countless number of better players ahead of him.

Misleading question. If it means best career of an active player, then it is easily Nash. Don't forget that Nash is still probably a top 5 point guard, he put up similar numbers to his MVP years this year, didn't he?

Misleading question. If it means best career of an active player, then it is easily Nash. Don't forget that Nash is still probably a top 5 point guard, he put up similar numbers to his MVP years this year, didn't he?

Top 5 would be stretching it. I would take Chris Paul, Deron Williams, Rajon Rondo, Derrick Rose, and Russell Westbrook over him age aside. At this point in his career he doesn't get the major minutes and doesn't have the multiple layers in his game as the other guys do.

Top 5 would be stretching it. I would take Chris Paul, Deron Williams, Rajon Rondo, Derrick Rose, and Russell Westbrook over him age aside. At this point in his career he doesn't get the major minutes and doesn't have the multiple layers in his game as the other guys do.

you'd take Nash over Westbrook if you didn't want a shooting guard in a point guard's body

you'd take Nash over Westbrook if you didn't want a shooting guard in a point guard's body

The pg position is changing as we know it. Most pg's today are athletic and score first. Outside of Rondo and probably CP3, what elite pg plays the position traditionally? Plus Westbrook is still young. He has the playmaking ability in him as the postseason proved he just needs to play smarter at times.

The pg position is changing as we know it. Most pg's today are athletic and score first. Outside of Rondo and probably CP3, what elite pg plays the position traditionally? Plus Westbrook is still young. He has the playmaking ability in him as the postseason proved he just needs to play smarter at times.

He doesn't set up his teammates at all