Why hasn't Michael Beasley panned out?

The NBA draft is next week and I've been looking back at some old drafts, including the 2008 one. Many people considered Michael Beasley to be a sure pick that was going to come in and average 20 and 10 right away. Also, people were saying that Derrick Rose was a pick just off of potential. Beasley's college #s: 26.2 ppg 12.4 rpg 52% shooting, 37% 3pt shooting. Rose college #s: 14.9 ppg 4.7 Asts 47% shooting, 33% 3 pt shooting. Now, Rose is an MVP and Beasley is a role player. Stats aren't everything, but what happened to Beasley?

Well to be honest early on in Miami I think people just expected to much from him. And then he went to the Wolves and had a starting spot with no attention had a decent year averaging 20 and 6 a game. But then this year he gets demoted to bench playing from 33 minutes a game to 23. I feel if he can be given a consistent position he could be an impact player. But won't be if his role continues to change.

Imo if he is literally given an Odom role (with la) it would be best for him. Bring him off the bench and let him run the show with the second with some wiggle room I think that would really help him.

Edited by ChosenOne

-lack of a position

-lack of work put into his game, been the same player for 4 years now

-shit attitude

-literally no intangibles in his game

-came into a poor situation at the start of his career, a team that wanted to win, most 2nd overall picks are allowed to struggle through and learn their first year or two. he wasn't, he was on a tight leash and I think it hurt him

Well on the wolves he is given very inconsistent playing time. Like RD said he is a tweener and has defensive problems with both positions (not like he plays much D anyways). He is a very good scorer but other than that there isnt much he can do. If given a right team I could see him being pretty decent but he takes away from offensive flow and just creates a black hole out there.

I just always though he had no work ethic. You see guys like Durant and you can tell they work on their game. While Beasley was in Miami, I don't think he made an effort to get any better, he had a few good game here and there, but he mostly under achieved.

1) He's a tweener. Too small defensively and on the boards to play PF, too slow on both sides of the ball to play SF.

2) He's proficient in only one area, scoring, and he does so very, very inefficiently because of a low FG% and inability to get to the line a lot.

3) Poor attitude and intangibles.

i dont get why people say he's too small to play PF when he's listed at 6'10... or does he just play small (idk much about beasley other than he smokes a lot of weed)

He plays away from the hoop. Doesnt really have that much of a post game. Closest person I can really compare him to is a young Carmelo Anthony. Like I said before I think he could end up being a pretty decent player given the right circumstances.