OKC with CP3 instead of RW

5 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Remember last summer there were rumblings of a CP3-RW potential swap? Maybe not rumours, but suggestions, and it seemed, and could maybe today I guess depending on circumstances, plausible. So the question I am asking, would OKC be a better team with CP3 instead of Westbrook? Would they maybe have a rings on their fingers right now?

• Owner

I doubt it. Chris Paul didn't do much scoring for the Clippers when they needed him to this postseason, and I realize he was hurt...but he was still out there on the floor. He's usually always playing with injuries, anyway, and Westbrook is far, far too healthy to trade for CP3 at this point...especially when you have to worry about Paul's knees someday (I'm surprised he's not in Brandon Roy's shoes yet).

OKC needed Westbrook's scoring and his ability to get to the rim. Sure, the ball could have been in Durant's hands a bit more, but at the same time, if this team had CP3, Durant would have needed to average 40 to beat the Heat (and I doubt Harden would have done a damn thing, since he was open the entire series and bricked every shot he put up).

Now Rondo is a different story. He's not going to score the ball like Westbrook, either...but I think he can be a much better scorer than people give him credit for. With someone like Durant stretching the defense out to the three, Rondo would tear teams up much like he was doing with Miami in a few games.

As a Thunder fan (second favorite team, since they are now considered "local" to me), I've been pushing for a Westbrook/Rondo swap for a long time. I would love to see that happen.

Chris Paul is a year older than Rondo, but I seriously doubt his career will last as long...and while Paul is an excellent passer and a true point guard, Rondo is a triple-double machine, and to me, he does more on the court now.

This is pretty dumb man, no offense. If CP3 was on the Lakers would the Thunder beat them? Would the Lakers be better?

I've always hated these "What if" questions. I mean you can go back and take a look at every single draft and you will see somewhere where a team could have had a Chris Bosh or could have had a Danny Granger.