Rockets trade Chase Budinger to the Wolves for the 18th pick

Dash

Jonathan Givony ‏@DraftExpress

The Houston Rockets have traded Chase Budinger to Minnesota for the #18 pick. Confirmed.

Not like it seals a move for Dwight Howard but this makes a move up into the top 8 twice a whole lot easier. I can't believe all it took for a mid first in a stacked draft was Budinger.

Edited by Dash

Minnesota is going to regret that, when one or two of the better players in the lottery fall. Not a smart trade for the Wolves, at all.

Houston is stacking picks. Stole this one.

Probably panicked because it didn't appear like either Austin Rivers or Terrence Ross were going to fall to them. I don't doubt Adelman had a lot of say in this trade, he loves Budinger but I thought it would have taken Kevin Martin to get the pick so this is definitely a huge steal by the Rockets.

If Dwight Howard isn't the endgame then something big is still going to happen on draft night. No chance Houston makes 3 first round picks.

Wolves traded to get Budginger basically to free up more cap space more than anything. Budinger making less than 900,00 vs a first round rookie who would make significantly more than that. I am not really on board with this trade but if it means that the wolves will potentially get someone else I am all for it.

Some of you people are really clueless, everyone acts as if Chase Budinger was this shitty role player. Dude is definitely a good 6th man, and shooter. Can have games where he scores 20+, 30+. Also has nights where he rebounds very well.

• Owner

Some of you people are really clueless, everyone acts as if Chase Budinger was this shitty role player. Dude is definitely a good 6th man, and shooter. Can have games where he scores 20+, 30+. Also has nights where he rebounds very well.

Do you remember the game Brian Cook dropped 27/10 on the Rockets, back when the Lakers were a first-round exit?

What you said about Chase above...that could have been said about Brian Cook as well. Maybe not 30+ points, because I don't recall Cook ever hitting 30, but Chase has only had two 30+ point games in the three years he has played, while Cook was 1-2 baskets away from a 30 a few times as a Laker.

Dragic was your sixth man, by the way. He's a better player than Budinger.

Plus, Chandler Parsons just came off of a rookie season where he nearly matched everything Chase did.