Rockets and Bucks swap lottery picks

Dash

Sam Amick ‏@sam_amick

Sources confirm Houston will send Sam Dalembert & the No. 14 pick to Milwaukee for the No. 12, Jon Leuer, Jon Brockman & Shaun Livingston.

Love this trade, Dalembert wasn't coming back and Leuer was solid last season for the Bucks AND we move up 2 slots.

Jonathan Givony ‏@DraftExpress

After this latest Milwaukee/Houston move, I could see Golden State being more enticed to trade the #7 pick to Houston for #12 and #16.

Jonathan Givony ‏@DraftExpress

Warriors could likely snag Tyler Zeller & Moe Harkless at 12 & 16, two guys they like, while the Rockets would likely go for Drummond at 7.

If Drummond falls that far that is.

Ugh. Sucks that Leuer had to be included in this. I feel like he could develop into a great 6th man which would be awesome for a second round pick.

Hopefully us getting Dalembert and moving back a couple spots will make sure we don't take anyone like Zeller. We're now in a more acceptable spot to grab Perry Jones or Terrence Jones. :dribble:

Yesterday there were rumors of the Bucks actively trying to get a top 10 pick... I'm assuming that would be done now? Who knows.

If Drummond falls that far that is.

I wouldn't be surprised if he did.

Originally, I thought there was no way he fell past Sacramento. I know Drummond and Cousins aren't exactly the perfect compliment to each other, but they would be absolutely lethal if they were to each reach their potential. Cousins can step outside and play the high post a bit, so it wouldn't be a complete disaster down low.

By some miracle he fell to Portland at 6 I would've been shocked if they didn't draft him, but now I think they are going Lillard all the way. I don't think they risk the chance of Toronto or New Orleans drafting him before their 11th pick.

If the Rockets don't trade up, I wouldn't be too surprised if he fell to the Pistons at 9. Golden State may pick him, but I think they want a guy who can contribute immediately and while I wouldn't be surprised if Colangelo picked him, if I had to guess he would pass on him for a wing since he has Valanciunas coming over (and we all know Bargnani will be a Raptor for as long as Colangelo is around).

So yeah, I wouldn't be too surprised to see Drummond take a bit of a nose dive from where he was before.

If Drummond falls that far then it opens a list of more possibilities for Houston, trading for the 9th pick isn't nearly as difficult as trading for the 5th pick. New Orleans offered Houston the 10th pick for the 14th and 16th picks but the Rockets declined and that was before we added the 18th pick.

There is talk that Lillard is Houston's actual target with the 5th pick though, not sure if that is a smokescreen or what.