Best Fit For Hill?

I like LA for him. He would do wonders coming off the bench or replacing Artest at the starter.

His days as a starter are beyond him. With the Big 4 you need a guy who can space the floor and lock down opposing players. He doesn't fit that mold. I would love to have him as a sixth man though.

Really don't see him being much of a contributor at this point in his career. Not a great shooter which is the number 1 thing I think you want out of a role playing SF/SG, and while he is competent defensively I guess, he's nothing special. He's a guy who can contribute, but not really at a particularly high level. I guess LA would be the best fit, but if he wants to win a title, the obviously choices are Miami/OKC if they want him, which I don't know why they really would.

• 2 weeks later...

LAC in the mix too:

Free agent Grant Hill has become the latest player the Clippers have targeted to be a backup small forward, according to NBA executives who were not authorized to speak publicly on the matter. Clippers Coach Vinny Del Negro met with Hill on Sunday in Las Vegas to see how interested the 39-year-old is in playing for Los Angeles, according to the executives.

There are three ways the Clippers could try to acquire Hill:

They could use the bi-annual exception that is a maximum two-year deal starting at $1.9 million.

They could pay the veteran minimum, which would be $1.3 million for a player such as Hill who has 17 years of experience.

Or the Clippers could try to exercise a sign-and-trade with Hill’s former team, the Suns, sending Ryan Games and his $4-million salary to Phoenix.

Hill, who has averaged 17 points over his career, has also drawn interest from the Lakers and the New York Knicks.

http://www.latimes.com/sports/sportsnow/la-sp-sn-hill-clippers-20120716,0,5547690.story