Brandon Bass Inks 3 Year Extension with Celtics

Brandon Bass is happy that he doesn’t have to fill out another change of NBA address card, and he’s even more ecstatic Boston will remain his basketball home.

He and the Celtics [team stats] agreed on a three-year deal yesterday, with Bass pegging the overall figure at $20 million. As for how that will be broken down, the power forward said, “It’s three years for $20 million. That’s all I know.”

Bass opted out of the $4.25 million final year of his contract to become an unrestricted free agent, and he sifted through the advances from NBA suitors.

“We had interest from some other teams, but Boston is where I wanted to be at the end of the day, so that’s where I’m at,” he said.

Bass averaged career highs of 12.5 points and 6.2 rebounds while starting 39 of the 59 games he played for the Celts this season after coming aboard from Orlando in a sign-and-trade deal for Glen Davis. His game picked up as he became more comfortable with his surroundings, and the Celtics got a better feel for how he could be effective.

Having established himself as a starter alongside Kevin Garnett, Bass enjoyed playing a major role in the club’s run to Game 7 of the Eastern Conference finals against Miami.

http://news.bostonherald.com/sports/basketball/celtics/view/20220706bass_in_mix_agrees_to_three-year_deal/srvc=home&position=also

I like the move for Boston. They still are a step below the Heat, but assuming nobody gets hurt and their grumpy old men don't decline too much, I think they are easily the 2nd best team in the East with Rose being hurt.

• Owner

Kevin Garnett

Brandon Bass

Jared Sullinger

Fab Melo

Greg Stiemsma

JaJuan Johnson

Interesting bunch.

If I were a Celtics fan, I wouldn't mind picking up a better center (true center), just so I can stick KG at the four against bigger teams (their best three above are PF's), but Boston isn't looking that bad.

I really thought they were going to look different heading into next season.