Camby likely leaving Rockets

Dash

Mark Berman ‏@MarkBermanFox26

Source close to Camby thought it was lock Camby would re-sign w/Houston, but source says less likely w/Rockets headed in diff. Direction

We just keep losing players.

I know it would never, ever happen, but I'd love to see Toronto sign him for a 1 year deal to enable them to develop Valanciunas. I just don't like the idea of Valanciunas starting on a team who's goal is making the playoffs, which is the case for Toronto now. Having a vet big like Camby to shore up the starting center spot for a year, give him time to adjust to the NBA and provide a mentorship role would be awesome.

Camby would never sign in Toronto, though, so this would be a pipe dream.

If dude was smart he would call Miami up, say cancel your deal with Ray Allen, and give me the MLE. Round your career out on the beach, playing 20 minutes a night, and winning a title. If he's after money he can get it somewhere (Toronto, for example). But Miami is a fit AND a championship team.

Mark Berman ‏@MarkBermanFox26

Source close to Marcus Camby says Camby will meet with Miam Heat tomorrow. He's also considering NY, Dallas, Spurs.

Camby on the Heat would be unbelievable, I know he's 38 years old but he still plays like one of the better starting centers in this league particularly on the glass. Give them their 2nd title already if that happens.

This offseason has just been a disaster. Goran Dragic, Courtney Lee and Marcus Camby I thought were all locks to return to the Rockets but it looks like we may lose all 3 of them. Camby was the signing I was the LEAST worried about, he's stated multiple times that he wants to end his career in Houston in a Dikembe Mutombo type role and went as far as trying to recruit players to play for the Rockets (think it was Eric Gordon, not sure) on his Twitter account. Even if we're looking to rebuild, I want Camby back in Houston for veteran leadership in the locker room and possibly a mentor for our glut of young big men.