Trade Idea: OKC/ORL

• Owner

I would do it immediately if I'm either team. Ric Bucher brought this up last week, actually (although I think he may have added Perkins into the deal, not sure why because Orlando wouldn't want him), but this is what puts OKC over the top.

Let me put it this way: the Miami Heat have added pieces to make them a bigger three-point threat, which was a problem for them all season long and through a few games of the playoffs. OKC will be returning with basically the same team, minus Fisher (more than likely) and plus Perry Jones, who isn't going to turn into a big-name player overnight.

Unless Durant walks into the upcoming season with a vastly-improved post game and defense, I can't see the Thunder winning it all...and that's not to say it's all on Durant, because it's not...but it has to fall on him because I can't see Westbrook changing his game up (especially without Jason Kidd playing behind him), and Harden didn't really set the bar high enough in the Finals to make us think this guy would blow up if given a second chance at Miami.

Durant, Howard and Westbrook are nasty good. Stick Thabo at the two (he's a starter anyway), start Collison and give Perry Jones a bigger role than he would have if Ibaka was in there (go for broke with him, because if he's healthy, he can do what you ask of him), and you'll see a very strong team with three guys you have to send doubles at (maybe not Westbrook, until he slashes).

As for Orlando...if it's not going to be Bynum, this would be the next deal on the table. The truth is, Lopez at four years and $60 million (approx.) is way out there.

• Like 1

I say OKC wins the deal. That first is pretty much guaranteed to be bottom 3, maybe bottom 5. Orlando gets a great player out of Harden who has the potential to be a 20 PPG player as a starter and Ibaka who is a great defensive player, but I still think OKC wins by quite a bit. Howard is the #1 C in the league, so I don't think Harden, Ibaka and a boreder line 1st is equal value. Still a good trade offer, and I would probably take it if I'm Orlando.

As much as I love Ibaka and Harden, I really don't see them getting a TON better. I could see Harden jumping up 4 PPG and maybe Ibaka 2 PPG and RPG. With Howard, you are really getting one starter for another. I know Harden is a starter on any other teams, but here it isn't the case. With the lineup of Westbrook-Thabo-Durant-Perkins or Collison-Howard.

Do you think this could actually happen?

For this to be an even trade Perkins would have to be involved.

But If I'm OKC I'm doing everything to stay away for the drama queen Howard. They have to much chemisty to risk it all on Howard who we have seen time and time again act like a little bitch. I feel all OKC needs to do to improve is add more scorers coming bench, giving Harden some help when he comes out there.

And improving that bench really is a must because the two other top teams Miami and Lakers have improved and have improved by bringing in all star caliber players.

Is it even possible to give Dwight a max long term deal if they take Jason Richardsons contract?

That's easily the best deal on the table for Orlando, unless of course they get Bynum. Depth would certainly be an issue for the Thunder, but if it's one thing we've learned abour super teams it's that they attract guys who are willing to take a paycuts just to have a chance at a championship.

This would be a perfect deal for both teams if Oklahoma City was in Brooklyn. That's all it comes down to for Dwight, which is pretty sad IMO.

Ding ding ding! We have a winner.

Howard wants a big market. OKC is one of the smallest market teams in the NBA, despite their fantastic fanbase. I'm also not sure how he'd feel arguably playing 2nd fiddle to Durant. In Brooklyn, this wouldn't be a problem, and in LA it wouldn't be much of a problem because within a year or two he'd be the undisputed face of the franchise.