TDKR SPOILERS THREAD

Lkr

• Owner

I have high hopes, but I'm not going to try and compare it to TDK because, quite frankly, I doubt any performance will match Ledger's.

But I am hearing that Bane's character is actually pretty interesting, and his ideas and destruction are far more complex.

I won't bother diving back in here, though, since I have yet to see the movie. Twitter is ruining it for me already, lol.

Most intense 2 hours 45 mins of my life. Just an incredible, action packed film.

As for the ending, I don't mind it, sort of sets it up for the next person to take the reigns from Nolan, although if they do reboot it, they probably do it from the start again.

Tom Hardy was a monster in this movie, the fight scenes were flawless.

Just came back, was a little disappointed...

-Movie fell into the same trap that Spiderman 3 did; too many characters to develop. They did a decent job of developing each character, but it made the movie too busy and unfocused, and took a little attention off characters that were worthy of more screentime.

-Wasn't Catwoman a dyke?

-Not a fan of them tying everything back to the Legion of Shadows. It makes TDK seem so out of place in the trilogy, and personally I wasn't a huge fan of that storyline in the first place. They should have went with a mercenary villain like the Riddler, who would have his own unique storyline.

-Baine was really good as a villain, but because of the mask and how the story eventually unfolded, I just didn't get into his character a ton. Maybe I'm just greedy because of Heath Ledger's joker.

-I didn't like how they made certain aspects of the movie a little too far-fetched and "super-hero" like. The beauty of TDK, besides the motorcycle, is how everything, for the most part, was completely plausible in real life (I mean, as much as any action movie can be, anyway).

Overall, it was a really solid movie, along the lines of Batman Begins, but it definitely ain't in the same league as TDK. Not that I expected it to be, though.

• Like 1

I thought the movie was so bad ass. It lived up to hype. I loved Tom Hardy's performance as Bane. I have say Joseph Gordon-Levitt performance on it was amazing. Catwoman & Batman were great usually with Alfred too. I had high hopes for this movie since last year and it delivered. Isn't it kick ass that the stadium that was blown up was the Pittsburgh Steelers? haha. And you know where they wouldn't let nobody cross that bridge? I been on that bridge so many times. Its so cool they filmed it in pittsburgh.

I guess he fixed the autopilot?

Yep.

That's another scene that kind of bothered me. If an atomic bomb blasted that close to a major city, that city would still probably get major radiation from the blast. Wish they didn't make it an atomic bomb, I wish they had some other form of destroying the city.

Just got done seeing it. They will have another Batman. I know Nolan said he wouldnt do another one but he set it up for another. I knew Robin was Robin the whole time, was waiting on the easter egg to come out Good movie overall though.

If an atomic bomb blasted that close to a major city, that city would still probably get major radiation from the blast.

IIRC they said the core had a 6 mile blast radius, I'm sure that super bat flying machine made it 6 miles out at least

IIRC they said the core had a 6 mile blast radius, I'm sure that super bat flying machine made it 6 miles out at least

It had a 6 mile blast radius, but there is a much larger area that would be affected by the radiation.

I'm just thinking it through too much, though lol.

Good movie, but it doesn't even compare with TDK. Nitro really hit it on the head with some the flaws and shortcomings of the film. I was expecting a lot more action, and the fight scenes were just average. The movie overall spent two much time developing the storyline, and that really took away from the appeal of the characters.

How the [expletive] did Wayne get back from Kazakhstan or whatever that remote desert place was? He has no money to his name and had to do it in under 18 hours I believe.

Also would the blast of that radius create a tsunami?

You guys take realism too much into consideration in a movie....I have no idea how he made it to Gotham in less than a day after escaping prison, but would you rather have him escape jail like a week before the blast and then document his journey through the desert as a bum with no equipment? Doesn't make for much of a story....I also thought at the very beginning that Bane said the bomb had a 56 mile radius, in which case the end made no sense for me, but now I read it was 6, so it kind of makes me feel better lol

I am not much of a movie critic though, so I was really entertained the whole way through..not as good as the Dark Knight, but this had WAYYYYY more action and just straight combat. The Dark Knight was like 90% tactics and planning and 10% action.

Just watched this thing and it was a great ending to the trilogy. Bane was a decent villain, but he wasn't going to live up to joker. No way. part of it was because joker was captivating for the whole movie. It didn't help that I couldn't hear what Bane was saying for most of the movie. I also thought the last movie was much less predictable, maybe because joker was so twisted. Miranda seemed like an obvious villain just because she was trusted way too easily.

The ending was pretty cool. I didn't mind robin just because it provided Batman with closure. there's nothing after credits right?

• 1 month later...
  • Owner

Watched it last night at the IMAX. Holy shit. Perfect place to watch it.

I thought Bane was pretty good...but as everyone else is saying, definitely no Joker. His tactics were far more devastating, though, and he was planted as a huge threat from the start of the movie. Being more of a terrorist, and a guy that didn't give a damn if Batman was dead or not...his "madness" was a little more interesting, but Joker (as a whole) made TDK the movie to beat, for the simple fact that Ledger literally died turning himself into a madman.

Honestly, only the little things bothered me...like, near the end...why the hell was Batman taking so long to load up the bomb? Catwoman kissed him, he just had to tell Gordon that he was Bruce Wayne...and I understand that we were supposed to be under the impression that he was going to lose his life to save Gotham, but still...

I'm also assuming Joker was locked up in Arkham Asylum, right? Otherwise, why wasn't he with the prisoners when they were released by Bane?

I thought it was pretty cool that the movie was similar to Arkham City (the Batman game), in that all of these criminals were roaming the streets, and it was snowing, and the city was ruined.

The Riddler would have been great in this movie, but I'm assuming that he would be reserved for a future installment (just in case Nolan wanted to open the book again).

I'm also assuming Joker was locked up in Arkham Asylum, right? Otherwise, why wasn't he with the prisoners when they were released by Bane?

I'm sure he would have been if Ledger was still alive. It would have been nice if they threw a Joker card in one of the scenes just as a little ode to him, though.

The Riddler would have been great in this movie, but I'm assuming that he would be reserved for a future installment (just in case Nolan wanted to open the book again).

From what I understand, Leonardo Dicaprio was supposed to be the Riddler, but Nolan wanted to go with Bane instead.