New Jersey @ New York

• 3 months later...

Wow Harrington and Hughes really carried us. They both turned it on down the stretch. Hopefully the Knicks can stay hot and beat the Blazers tomorrow then take on the Hornets. That was a must win for us.

In the rest of December we are playing

the struggling bulls twice

the Nets again

The Bobcats twice

The Heat, Clippers, Spurs and Pistons.

None of these teams except for the Spurs have looked excellent. The Knicks have a chance to get back in it this month.

Another third quarter collapse after an impressive first half. I don't know why we lose all our momentum after looking strong in the first two quarters.

We allowed way too many offensive boards. The Knicks had 15 offensive rebounds and overall, 48 rebounds to our 32.

Lopez and Harris went quiet in the second half, and Courtney Lee didn't show much presence throughout. We put the ball in CDR's hands a lot, and he was impressive. As for T-Will, I hope he can get back on track soon.

You don't wanna make the playoffs. You wanna lose and get the highest draft pick possible.

Your right. We want to lose and get the #1 pick and give it to Utah. Our 1st round pick was traded to Utah in the Marbury deal.

The Next Knicks, I completely agree. 9 of the next 11 opponents are below .500. In that stretch if the Knicks are able to continue playing the way they are, I believe that they could easily go 7-4 or 8-3. I feel as if depending on how the rest of December goes will have a huge impact on the remainder of the season. If they have a good December they will feel like winners, and the Garden will get crazy. I think they can do this.

I just pray to god that they don't trade Harrington or Hughes unless we go like 2-9 over the next 11 games. They are carrying us and they are veteran leaders that this team needs. They are talking about trading for Tyrus Thomas, which I like. Unless we are doing well. I really dont want Walsh to screw up the rest of the season like he did last year with Jamal and Z-bo.

Fair enough.

But if they play well and make it into the playoffs, they show a superstar that that have the pieces in place to make it far, and all they need it that player. Im not going to root for the Knicks to win so that they can get a high second round pick. Their best players wont attract players to build a team around.