LAL/PHI/DEN/ORL 4-way discussions

If Orlando is trying to tank, this isn't the year to do it. Kinda early to say this upcoming draft is weak, but 2014 does have Wiggins and Jabari Parker..

Can't emphasize enough how great of a trade this is for Denver. Masai Ujiri continues to impress me, essentially upgraded at the SG position while saving long term money. Incredible.

Huh? whats up guys, just popping in an--- HEY WHAT THE [expletive]? Cmoooooon how do we not get Bynum out of this? Some bullshit yo! I don't even know who these young hoo-ha's are. Maurice Harkless? We have too many PF's omg

I hope we make some splashes with trades this year.

Huh? whats up guys, just popping in an--- HEY WHAT THE [expletive]? Cmoooooon how do we not get Bynum out of this? Some bullshit yo! I don't even know who these young hoo-ha's are. Maurice Harkless? We have too many PF's omg

I hope we make some splashes with trades this year.

Whoa, haven't seen you on here in AGES. :o

Now it looks like the picks Orlando receives are protected. Hennigan seems to be going down the same path Washington went down a few years ago. I think his target year is 2014, by that time Gilbert Arenas, Hedo, and Duhon come off the books, and your rookies (Harkless, Nicholson) develop while receiving major playing time. Not to mention their 2013 pick will probably be in the top 5, as well as 2014. Pair that with their cap flexibility (which I'm sure they'll convert into some solid young free agents) and I think they'll finally look promising.

But I'm having a hard time understanding where Afflalo fits into this perceived plan. He's 27 already and plays a game more suited for a contender. It's going to take at least 3 years before Orlando smells the playoffs.

And firing Stan Van Gundy looks terrible now. He's the ideal teacher for all this young talent Hennigan is attempting to rake in, to get rid of him when this trade was inevitable is beyond stupid. He was never the problem to begin with.

At the very least, Orlando could have received Pau and flipped him to Houston for more young talent.

At the very least, Orlando could have received Pau and flipped him to Houston for more young talent.

Houston hasn't been interested in reacquiring Pau for some time now. They're in full rebuild mode.

Houston hasn't been interested in reacquiring Pau for some time now. They're in full rebuild mode.

Really? The way they've stocked up on young talent it always seemed to me that they're willing to pull the trigger any time. They have like 6 PF's alone, their philosophy doesn't really suggest a serious rebuild.

• Owner

The Thunder are still going to be the favorites out west, but if the Lakers develop enough chemistry, they will blow them out of the water. That's really going to be the only issue, aside from staying healthy (which all 30 teams have to worry about). The Princeton offense is going to be perfect for this team.

http://i1078.photobucket.com/albums/w495/jetex4/7a9e1bd2.jpg

I made this, lol.

Really? The way they've stocked up on young talent it always seemed to me that they're willing to pull the trigger any time. They have like 6 PF's alone, their philosophy doesn't really suggest a serious rebuild.

I'm sure we'll shuffle the roster around a bit throughout the season and at the same time maintain the flexibility of acquiring a big name, but everything else seems to point to Houston finally giving in and rebuilding. The draft really was the turning point for Daryl Morey, given he and the front office are so high on the rookies and loaded on draft picks that it would be utterly stupid to not rebuild.

If Morey really did want to contend this year then he would have gone all in for Dwight. Instead the Houston's willingness to go through such a deal has been heavily overstated due to rebuilding suddenly appearing to be a very appealing option for the Rockets (or Dwight and his agent continuing to threaten Houston significantly hurt their offer with the chances of him skipping town).

Basically we're rebuilding with the option to contend if the opportunity arises, but in order for Morey to break away from rebuild mode he wants a star player bigger than Pau Gasol. More than likely that opportunity won't come up so I'm prepped for a tanking year.

• Like 1

• Owner

Not for Dwight though.

Better for Howard than Bynum, and it FINALLY solves our problems defending the pick and roll.

Plus, LA will pull out of that Princeton many times, and run the pick and roll...and that's going to be scary with Nash and Dwight/Gasol.

• Owner

Brandon Jennings seems to forget he's actually on an NBA team, and probably shouldn't act like he's rooting for another.

Brandon Jennings ‏@BRAND0NJENNINGS

That Laker Team is crazy... Could they be the best ever?

• Like 1

Better for Howard than Bynum, and it FINALLY solves our problems defending the pick and roll.

Plus, LA will pull out of that Princeton many times, and run the pick and roll...and that's going to be scary with Nash and Dwight/Gasol.

Very true, I really can't think of a better PG-big pairing than Nash and Dwight. Complement each other perfectly, and when I say perfectly, I mean there's absolutely no flaws in that duo.

I'm sure we'll shuffle the roster around a bit throughout the season and at the same time maintain the flexibility of acquiring a big name, but everything else seems to point to Houston finally giving in and rebuilding. The draft really was the turning point for Daryl Morey, given he and the front office are so high on the rookies and loaded on draft picks that it would be utterly stupid to not rebuild.

If Morey really did want to contend this year then he would have gone all in for Dwight. Instead the Houston's willingness to go through such a deal has been heavily overstated due to rebuilding suddenly appearing to be a very appealing option for the Rockets (or Dwight and his agent continuing to threaten Houston significantly hurt their offer with the chances of him skipping town).

Basically we're rebuilding with the option to contend if the opportunity arises, but in order for Morey to break away from rebuild mode he wants a star player bigger than Pau Gasol. More than likely that opportunity won't come up so I'm prepped for a tanking year.

Good stuff, thanks for clearing that up.

Omfg. 70 wins? Were going to have an offense that runs perfectly with Nash, and defensively going to be very dominant with Dwight. You take Kobe off this team and were still a contender, wow that is scary :lol:

And we got Duhon too? Backup point solved. :)