LAL/PHI/DEN/ORL 4-way discussions

• Owner

You rang...

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_K18DEOZD3Ko/S7NhSo190BI/AAAAAAAADo8/RPNmWgRDQKQ/s1600/PHI_Jordan_Eddie+.jpg

Yeah, I was a bit worried about that, but EJ will be listening to Nash and KB a lot, so it's all good.

I know you're happy about Drew. Be honest. Philly got a great deal...didn't think Iggy would be in Philly for long, anyway.

• Owner

C - Dwight Howard | Jordan Hill | Robert Sacre

PF - Pau Gasol | Antawn Jamison | Josh McRoberts

SF - Ron Artest | Devin Ebanks

SG - Kobe Bryant | Christian Eyenga | Andrew Goudelock

PG - Steve Nash | Steve Blake | Darius Morris

That's a lot of contributing players. Whoa.

C - Dwight Howard | Jordan Hill | Robert Sacre

PF - Pau Gasol | Antawn Jamison | Josh McRoberts

SF - Ron Artest | Devin Ebanks

SG - Kobe Bryant | Christian Eyenga | Andrew Goudelock

PG - Steve Nash | Steve Blake | Darius Morris

That's a lot of contributing players. Whoa.

don't you know how to post the depth chart? you need a third string at SF still! :brucelee:

• Owner

don't you know how to post the depth chart? you need a third string at SF still! :brucelee:

I dropped Matt Barnes out of it, lol...had to leave it blank because I don't know what the Lakers are going to do next. :lol:

• Owner

So basically...Dwight's 2009 NBA Finals team:

C - Dwight Howard

PF - Hedo Turkoglu

SF - Rashard Lewis

SG - Courtney Lee

PG - Rafer Alston

Turk, Lewis, Lee and Alston are being replaced by Gasol, Artest/Jamison, Kobe and Nash?

This us OUR year, ain't nobody stopping US.

http://img823.imageshack.us/img823/7266/1324239325u11331.png

Seriously though, how do the Lakers pull these [expletive]ing trades? First Pau, then they almost got CP3, now Dwight.

They pretty much gave up the 2nd best center for the best center. <_<

• Owner

They pretty much gave up the 2nd best center for the best center. <_>

Yeah, but I can't say that's really bad...except that Orlando isn't the team that got Drew.

The gap between the two isn't THAT big. Dwight is a proven superstar and primary option on an NBA Finals team, but I think that if you can stack the right pieces around Bynum, he can be a primary option on a good playoff squad. You have a superstar...then an all-star with a "franchise player" ceiling (although I will never call Drew a superstar, he has exceeded my expectations a bit).

The shocking thing to me was that the Lakers didn't have to take on Hedo's contract. I knew we would end up with Howard the day Brooklyn slipped past that "deadline" and had to re-sign Brook Lopez...but to do it without taking on Turk, or any combo of J-Rich/Davis/Nelson, is surprising.

Everything is starting to sink in for me...and this Laker team is probably the most stacked, well-balanced team I've seen ever.

If the title isn't to go to them this year, Miami will need to sign Darko as a backup to Bosh, and pray Wade gets back to his level of play from a few years ago. Even then, this LA team is just so damn skilled and well-balanced.

• Owner

Everything is starting to sink in for me...and this Laker team is probably the most stacked, well-balanced team I've seen ever.

If the title isn't to go to them this year, Miami will need to sign Darko as a backup to Bosh, and pray Wade gets back to his level of play from a few years ago. Even then, this LA team is just so damn skilled and well-balanced.

If the offense is ran effectively, with these five guys being the "beef" of the team (Kobe, Nash, Dwight, Gasol, Jamison), and the defensive system doesn't fail us (don't see how it could)...I will go out on a limb and say that this team can be a better team than any Showtime squad from the 80's.

I honestly don't see how a team is going to be able to stop a pick-and-roll from Nash/Howard, still having to keep an eye on Kobe with their best defender AND prevent Gasol from getting his wide-open looks at the rim.

The best part is, with Drew gone, the post opens up a bit more, since Howard is far too mobile to have to worry about. Kobe, Gasol, and Ron will be happy about that.