Miami @ Sacramento

• 3 months later...

Wade with a huge first quarter where he got to the line 10 times. Not to mention he was 3/4 from the field IIRC. Great to see Dorrell getting his minutes. He's so versatile and his offense is really coming along.

Also, its scary how good Beasley can be. Dude is such a weapon offensively.

I take back the part about Dorell messing up his playing time. He's doing a great job finding his shots, and his defense has picked up since the first half.

It's good the Heat have played well enough to keep Wade from having to play a whole lot of minutes. I think this team needs to do a better job getting out on shooters, lesson the TOs, and do a better job staying in front of Tyreke and Donte. Other than that, things a looking pretty good.

Great effort from everyone tonight. Dorrell was outstanding tonight.

"Outstanding" is pushing it a little, IMO, but I think he has a very solid overall game. He did a great job moving without the ball, knocking down shots, not getting a single turnover as the point guard, and creating looks for his teammates (5 assists). He's right back where he left off two years ago when he averaged 16 points and 8 rebounds for the last 5 games before injury, except this time he's back playing guard instead of forward, although we can expect him to play some forward against some smaller teams like the Suns and the Warriors.

D-Wright has always had great PG skills and at one point people thought he might one day become our starting PG. I'll be honest, he's looked much better than Chalmers lately but I still think we should have Wade at PG.

D-Wright has always had great PG skills and at one point people thought he might one day become our starting PG. I'll be honest, he's looked much better than Chalmers lately but I still think we should have Wade at PG.

I agree, Dorell does look much better than Chalmers in the past couple games. Let's hope he keeps up this performance, and let's hope Chalmers picks up his level of play as well.

Personally, though, I wouldn't want Wade starting games as the PG. I think it will take more pressure off of him having someone else who can handle the ball while he's on the court. I prefer him to be more worried about scoring than facilitating the offense on every single possession. He's a good playmaker and all, but I also like the things he does off the ball as well. And besides, I've never been a fan of high scoring point guards.