Finals: Team USA vs. Spain

Real Deal

• Owner

Just going to point out how effective Pau Gasol can be when he's on the low block, covered by one player. What he was doing out there, against Chandler (and Love, and whoever else was defending him), was pretty damn impressive. He's going to see a LOT of that this season.

I'm so happy Bynum won't be camping in our paint anymore.

http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/1290171/rudyguile_medium.gif

LOL

Hahahaha, this is hilarious.

Awesome to see us win Gold. I was surprised how much we struggled in the game today, but I think a lot of it was a product of the poor officiating. Just no rhythm or tempo to the game at all really hurt us.

Olympic basketball is a lot of fun to watch, just seeing all the top guys in the NBA going HAM on lesser competition...always fun to watch. :lol:

^Why did this being close surprise you? We almost lost to Spain in 2008, and IMO our team that year was better than the team this year.

I didn't think Spain was all that great this year, to be honest. Pau Gasol really surprised me with how good he was today, I was starting to think he was over the hill.

Having lost, what, twice in the Olympics, I didn't expect Spain to hang for so long. I didn't think we'd win by 30, but I thought it'd be a game where we were up 10 all game until we blew the doors off and won by like 20.