Minnesota @ Toronto

• 3 months later...

http://d.yimg.com/a/p/ap/20091207/capt.719f59f416414170acc79e26703753b2.raptors_huskies_uniform_basketball_dbc102.jpg

http://d.yimg.com/a/p/ap/20091207/capt.a1158d3a0d364953b3ce502279df06c1.raptors_huskies_uniform_basketball_dbc103.jpg

http://d.yimg.com/a/p/ap/20091207/capt.dfbc497dd32a4abdba454ff602e225e3.raptors_huskies_uniform_basketball_dbc101.jpg

Gotta hate that we shoot 1-20 from three, but its awesome we still won. That's great. Free throw attempts were through the roof.

I actually love that they shot 2-21 (I think that is what it was, Wright made one late in the game) and 32% from the field, yet still managed to win the game. If the Raptors are going to actually become a good team they are going to have to win these kinds of games. So far this season if the Raptors weren't hitting their shots they would have absolutely no chance at winning games. I love the ugly wins more than the games that they win when they knock down 12 3's and shoot over 50% because you should win those games. Winning ugly is the next step that this team needs to make to actually become a good team in the East.

I agree with you, I think I wrote my statement wrong :lol:. I meant essentially, it sucks we shot so low, because you don't wanna shoot that low, but it's awesome we won while doing so because as you mentioned, we needed to find other ways to win and we did that. Tomorrow night scares me though, because yes we shot [expletive]ty and won but Starters played a lot of minutes. Also Bogut got into them after tonight's game so either they'll come out firing, or it'll be close.

Haha, Raptors win and they end up shooting 32%.

Yeah, and they shot 48 free throws compared to the Wolves 23..

Both teams shot horribly, but it's the free throws that pretty much decided the game. The game wasn't on TV (FSN was showing high school hockey...), so I can't judge the reffing, at all.

It makes me cringe seeing Gomes starting as a PF.. Uh... did Don Nelson take over Rambis' mind? <_<

I saw the majority of the first half and the Wolves looked really messy. No one seemed to know their role, I figured Flynn and Jefferson would get the majority of the touches but guys like Gomes got it in the high post and were trying to make something happen, wtf?

Anyways I missed the game as I had hockey, but I kinda figured our D would be better with Jose on the bench, even though I missed the game it looks like the Raptors were playing with a lot more energy and were just playing solid D. Bargnani still drives me crazy when he isn't even going up for the ball on the defensive glass.

Also in regards to the Marcus Banks comment, isn't it D'Antoni who gave him the contract? I might be way off here but I remember when Brian left that Mike took over the GMing duties temporarily. I am pretty sure that he is the one who gave him that contract. Also Banks averaged pretty solid numbers back a few years ago. 14-5 at the time he got signed, similar numbers to Jarret Jack so.......