Lakers vs Heat

kingfish

20 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Owner

You either needed to calm down, or check your attitude. According to me, and because I am the one that determines whether or not a thread is off-topic, Meeks is a player that will see minutes against this Miami Heat team. Therefore, discussing how he will fit into the system, and who may see minutes over him, is on point with this topic. If that's a problem for you, it's something you'll have to deal with on your own, away from your keyboard.

Nothing else to discuss.

You either needed to calm down, or check your attitude. According to me, and because I am the one that determines whether or not a thread is off-topic, Meeks is a player that will see minutes against this Miami Heat team. Therefore, discussing how he will fit into the system, and who may see minutes over him, is on point with this topic. If that's a problem for you, it's something you'll have to deal with on your own, away from your keyboard.

Nothing else to discuss.

I don't need to do either because I'm calm and I don't have an attitude. And that is fine with me, don't have a problem with discussing Meeks in this topic, I wanted to move on so.

I'm Done.

Meeks city bitch Meeks Meeks city bitch

Meek Angeles MeerKats

3P champion of the universe

Meeks city bitch Meeks Meeks city bitch

Threes so sweet he like a gay ray allen/ him shooting threes is like a motha[expletive]in felony/ it can turn ugly.

look at him shoot the threeees /look like he shooting a ball in the seaa.

:glasses:

Edited by Hayes1

I think a lineup of Rio/Ray/Wade/Bron/Bosh would give LA fits. No Bosh can't totally stop Dwight but Dwight's not some offensive juggernaut either and Bosh is a very capable defender and there's no better big at defending the P&R than Bosh.

The difference is LBJ at the 4. There's not one individual perimeter defender on the Lakers that's even at the level of Thabo and LeBron ate him alive in the finals. Not to mention if Wade comes back healthy him and Kobe is basically a push at this point, especially with Wade working with a shooting coach now his jumper will be even better.

Don't sleep on our PG's either, that duo is going to be very good this year. Chalmers took a HUGE step forward in the playoffs last year.

Edited by Flash

Actually I think Norris will be very good this year, if he can wish on improving his jumper, he will be very much improved imo. Haven't watched meeks much, all I know is he is a capable 3 pt shooter and not much else.. Not sure if he really will be a factor unless he lights teams up from 3.

Actually I think Norris will be very good this year, if he can wish on improving his jumper, he will be very much improved imo. Haven't watched meeks much, all I know is he is a capable 3 pt shooter and not much else.. Not sure if he really will be a factor unless he lights teams up from 3.

>Meeks is not a factor

>Norris Cole is going to be very good this year

>Can't have both

were discussing norris cole and jodie meeks here....

i mean this is lakers and the heat, you got nash, kobe, dwight, ray allen, rashard, jamieson, lebron, wade, bosh etc etc

and were discussing

Cole and Jodie Meeks............their both going to be irrelevant in a season. Bonafide scrubs

they'll have one game in every 2 months where they will connect on 3 open three pointers and maybe hit double figures

and maybe one play-off game if their lucky

Edited by TheNotoriousBANG

were discussing norris cole and jodie meeks here....

i mean this is lakers and the heat, you got nash, kobe, dwight, ray allen, rashard, jamieson, lebron, wade, bosh etc etc

and were discussing

Cole and Jodie Meeks............their both going to be irrelevant in a season. Bonafide scrubs

I'd start Meeks, Nash-Meeks-Kobe-Pau-Dwight. livin tha highlife

Nash would make Meeks a potential hella killa balla

I'd start Meeks, Nash-Meeks-Kobe-Pau-Dwight. livin tha highlife

Nash would make Meeks a potential hella killa balla

before it was jim jackson

then adam morrison

years ago it was vlad rad

last year it was kapono

why do laker fans think these scrubs will automatically become relavant in a new uniform.

yea meeks will get wide open looks in LA big deal he would get wide open looks in the Bobcats too.....

once he knocks some down, the D will play him a little tighter, than his absence of skills will show.

He's the black Steve Novak

Edited by TheNotoriousBANG

How? lol

Is it his 2.0 to 1.6 assist to turnover rate? 28% from 3? 39% overall from the field? 7.99 PER? What about Cole is more valuable than Meeks?

Cole had 19 MPG Meeks had 24 MPG. Give them the same minutes and they would both probably score same amount, except Cole can do more than just score. He's got more to his game than Meeks and his turnovers will go down with experience.

before it was jim jackson

then adam morrison

years ago it was vlad rad

last year it was kapono

why do laker fans think these scrubs will automatically become relavant in a new uniform.

yea meeks will get wide open looks in LA big deal he would get wide open looks in the Bobcats too.....

once he knocks some down, the D will play him a little tighter, than his absence of skills will show.

He's the black Steve Novak

Black Steve Novak is the best case scenario for Meeks. Kapono is the worst case. Two completely different comparisons hah.

Adding to the topic - The X-factor is obviously Wade. It doesn't matter if he comes back 80% or 100% if he doesn't defer to Lebron. People overlook how much of an impact Wade had as a roleplayer in the Finals. Defensively he was everywhere and offensively he finished what Lebron sets up.

If we see that 2011 Finals mentality where Lebron handled the first 3quarters and Wade handled the 4th, Miami won't repeat.

Edited by Lemon

Cole had 19 MPG Meeks had 24 MPG. Give them the same minutes and they would both probably score same amount, except Cole can do more than just score. He's got more to his game than Meeks and his turnovers will go down with experience.

Points per game have no bearing on Cole's horrendous percentages and PER that I outlined above. I actually didn't post a single per-game stat that minutes would have a bearing on.

You say Cole can do more than just score.. show me something that backs that statement up. His assists #'s and assist-turnover rate was horrendous.

Points per game have no bearing on Cole's horrendous percentages and PER that I outlined above. I actually didn't post a single per-game stat that minutes would have a bearing on.

You say Cole can do more than just score.. show me something that backs that statement up. His assists #'s and assist-turnover rate was horrendous.

Norris Coles summer league #'s:

Season Team G GS MPG FG% 3p% FT% OFF DEF RPG APG SPG BPG TO PF PPG

2012 (Las Vegas) MIA 4 4 30.0 0.400 0.500 0.793 0.5 2.0 2.5 4.8 0.2 0.0 2.2 1.2 13.0

Although he didn't exactly light it up in the summer league, he showed that he drastically improved his 3pt% and nearly averaged 5 assists a game to his 2.2 TOPG. Obviously he's not great by any means, but he atleast did a pretty good job of running the offense for a Miami team that didn't have a lot of young talent playing in the summer league. Jodie Meeks can't really do anything but shoot 3's, and can easily be shut down. Very 1-dimensional compared to Cole.