Ibaka, Thunder agree on extension

Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA

Oklahoma City Thunder forward Serge Ibaka has reached agreement on a four-year contract extension, league sources tell Y! Sports.

Oklahoma City forward Serge Ibaka has reached agreement on a four-year, $40-million plus contract extension, league sources told Yahoo! Sports.

Ibaka, 22, could’ve been a restricted free agent next summer, and his deal now locks into place three of the Thunder’s core young stars --- Kevin Durant, Russell Westbrook and Ibaka.

This deal leaves the future uncertain for guard James Harden, who could command a maximum contract on the league market as a restricted free agent next summer. Along with the remainder of Kendrick Perkins three years and $27 million, the small-market Thunder will be hard-pressed to invest so much money into his payroll.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nba--serge-ibaka-reaches-agreement-on-four-year-extension-with-oklahoma-city.html

Edited by iMan

Oklahoma City forward Serge Ibaka has reached agreement on a four-year, $40-million plus contract extension, league sources told Yahoo! Sports.

Ibaka, 22, could’ve been a restricted free agent next summer, and his deal now locks into place three of the Thunder’s core young stars --- Kevin Durant, Russell Westbrook and Ibaka.

This deal leaves the future uncertain for guard James Harden, who could command a maximum contract on the league market as a restricted free agent next summer. Along with the remainder of Kendrick Perkins three years and $27 million, the small-market Thunder will be hard-pressed to invest so much money into his payroll.

• Like 1

• Owner

Harden will sign an extension...OKC shouldn't be worried about that.

I wonder if they will actually explore trade options with Perkins, or just slap him with the amnesty after this upcoming season.

• Like 1

That's pretty close to 'best player on a team' money, and if he is your best player, then you have problems (hey he'd be the best Raptor :lol: ). Definitely overpaid, but that's just market value I guess. Actually probably below market value.

After this contract I don't see what the holdup is on Harden. For OKC to potentially suggest Ibaka should get more is hilarious, and they must know he is going to get the full max in FA anyways. No sense in dragging this out and potentially hurting feelings. Get it done OKC.

Edited by Check my Stats