Rate My Fantasy Team

DunkinDerozan

12-Team league. My friend got me to join this year because there was an opening, its been going on for the past few years I guess. I had no idea there were defensive spots when I signed up but whatever.

QB- Cam Newton

RB- Maurice Jones-Drew

WR- Julio Jones

WR- Marques Colston

TE- Vernon Davis

FLEX- Willis McGahee

FLEX- Reggie Wayne

DL- Mario Williams

DP- Von Miller

DP- Troy Polamalu

Bench- RB, DeAngelo Williams

Bench- QB, Andrew Luck

Bench- RB, Daniel Thomas

Bench- TE, Kellen Winslow

Bench- WR, Michael Floyd (Arizona)

Bench- RB, Rashad Jennings

Bench- WR, Eddie Royal

Bench- DT, Ndamukong Suh

Bench- WR, Josh Cribbs

Why not? Cause of Alex Smith?

Vernon Davis was the 10th most targeted TE in the league last year, its obvious that he's not a big of a part of the offense. He doesn't score many TD's and the 49ers as a team struggle in the red zone. Alex Smith doesn't seem like he's improved much by watching him in the pre season and it doesn't help Davis when we have targets like Moss, Manningham, Crabtree, Jenkins, and even Gore and Hunter out of the backfield.

Vernon Davis is the one of the most overvalued fantasy players this year. Simple as that.

Why not? Cause of Alex Smith?

1. He had his breakout year in 2009 with 965 yards and 13 TDs

2. The 9ers don't run that type of offense any more. They're conservative, run the ball, and dink and dunk with safe passes. They rely on their defense to win games and their offense not to lose them. Hard for Big Vern (who I love) to really have a huge year.

Vernon Davis was the 10th most targeted TE in the league last year, its obvious that he's not a big of a part of the offense. He doesn't score many TD's and the 49ers as a team struggle in the red zone. Alex Smith doesn't seem like he's improved much by watching him in the pre season and it doesn't help Davis when we have targets like Moss, Manningham, Crabtree, Jenkins, and even Gore and Hunter out of the backfield.

Vernon Davis is the one of the most overvalued fantasy players this year. Simple as that.

You think Moss will be a focal point of the 9ers offense? I think Vernon will be more then Moss. And I just see him grabbing 1,000 yards this year idk why.

1. He had his breakout year in 2009 with 965 yards and 13 TDs

2. The 9ers don't run that type of offense any more. They're conservative, run the ball, and dink and dunk with safe passes. They rely on their defense to win games and their offense not to lose them. Hard for Big Vern (who I love) to really have a huge year.

Yeah I see what you are saying but, it's not like this type of offense will work week in and week out. I mean teams will recognize this and pick balls all day. So I believe 9ers will have to change their offense on a weekly bases not complete just go with different game plans on offense. Which I see Vernon being included to the focal point one week or another. Like I see above I see him getting 1,000 yards, well I also hope he does get it.

And yes I got much love for Vernon as well, he is my favorite tight end in the league hands down. The guy is an animal in the gym.

I honestly took Vernon because he fell fairly far down the board and I thought I better not wait too much longer on a TE. He's still one of the best TE's in the league so he's got the potential to put up good numbers if something happens to the 49ers offense (Gore or Manningham or someone gets hurt)

I honestly took Vernon because he fell fairly far down the board and I thought I better not wait too much longer on a TE. He's still one of the best TE's in the league so he's got the potential to put up good numbers if something happens to the 49ers offense (Gore or Manningham or someone gets hurt)

Exactly, I hope he does good.

You think Moss will be a focal point of the 9ers offense? I think Vernon will be more then Moss. And I just see him grabbing 1,000 yards this year idk why.

I never said Moss will be a focal point of the 49ers offense. I just said that Vernon isn't. My point was pretty clear.

idk man, I had Vernon last year when Smith was at his absolute best, he only had 7 weeks above 5 points. He drove me crazy. Good luck though, not a bad pick if it was like 7th round.

I counted 10 weeks above 5 points, but that not really a big deal. He averaged 8.9, which is good enough for a TE imo.

I counted 10 weeks above 5 points, but that not really a big deal. He averaged 8.9, which is good enough for a TE imo.

What kind of rules do you play by? He averaged 6.6 in my league (traditional rules, no PPR).

Weeks of 4, 1, 0, 2, 2, 3, 3, 3, 5.

What kind of rules do you play by? He averaged 6.6 in my league (traditional rules, no PPR).

Weeks of 4, 1, 0, 2, 2, 3, 3, 3, 5.

Thats usually the rules I play by. Looking at this league now the scoring is a bit different than I'm used to. Heres what it says for receiving:

Receiving Yards (REY) 0.05

Each reception (REC) 1

TD Reception (RETD) 6

2pt Receiving Conversion (2PRE) 2

100-199 yard receiving game (REY100) 1

200+ yard receiving game (REY200) 2