Boston @ Washington

Is he still not 100 percent, or has he just lose a step in his game?

If anything, he just does not feel the killer instinct anymore. Flip Saunders said it himself, "There are times when Gil looks explosive, then there's games where he never gets into his groove."

He's just not consistent right now, he needs to get into his regular season form. It's comes to no surprise that Earl Boykins has been our best closer.

I'm not giving up on Gil, I do believe he will come back in a matter of months. Two years is a LONG time, he has so much pressure on his shoulders, and is trying to do too much at once.

Why did that player chuck up a turn around fading three pointer with 8 seconds? that was a horrible shot.

That player? You mean Randy Foye...? lol

No one is sure, not sure what Flip was thinking when drawing up that play. He didn't seem surprised.

• Owner

Honestly, that was one of the worst choke-jobs I've seen all season, so far. Jamison shot a three for no reason, Arenas can't connect on either free throw, Arenas takes a long three that he shouldn't be shooting, and Foye launches a fadeaway three with plenty of time left on the clock to find an open shooter.

Plus, you don't shoot that three so early in the shot clock, anyways. You run time off if you're Washington. Flip Saunders doesn't coach defense, and Haywood is the only player who wants to defend, so you don't give the Celtics time to win the game (assuming you connect on your shot).

Honestly, that was one of the worst choke-jobs I've seen all season, so far. Jamison shot a three for no reason, Arenas can't connect on either free throw, Arenas takes a long three that he shouldn't be shooting, and Foye launches a fadeaway three with plenty of time left on the clock to find an open shooter.

Plus, you don't shoot that three so early in the shot clock, anyways. You run time off if you're Washington. Flip Saunders doesn't coach defense, and Haywood is the only player who wants to defend, so you don't give the Celtics time to win the game (assuming you connect on your shot).

Even though I usually debate with you regarding the Wizards, I completely agree with what you said. I have no idea what Flip was thinking when drawing up that final play. With so much time left, why chuck up a difficult 3 off of a left handed dribble when you could take more time to set up a play to get a better shot off? And I have no idea what Foye was thinking when he chucked up that fadeaway... he shoulda brought it back out. Plenty of time left, very poor decision making. Definitely a painful few seconds to watch.

While I agree with 90% of your post, I liked the shot Gil took. IT doesn't matter where he is on the three point line, it doesn't matter to Gil. For him, it doesn't matter if he's exactly on the 3PT line, or 29 feet from the basket. He created just enough space to get off a clean shot, and it actually looked good when he released it.

And it was the right thing by shooting early in the shot clock, it gives the Wizards possibly another shot at winning the game, and I'm sure that was in Flip's thinking process as he designed the play.