2012–13 La Liga Thread

Cobb

• 2 weeks later...

How can they force him to play? It's not like they'll do shit if he doesn't show up for the game

Well obviously they can't force him, but they didn't give him the game off. Now I don't know how much truth there is in that because Ronaldo has not said anything, but that's just something I've read.

Well obviously they can't force him, but they didn't give him the game off. Now I don't know how much truth there is in that because Ronaldo has not said anything, but that's just something I've read.

Well that is where it sounds weird. If he went up to the manager and asked for the day off because he wasn't mentally and emotionally in it, who would say no?

Well that is where it sounds weird. If he went up to the manager and asked for the day off because he wasn't mentally and emotionally in it, who would say no?

Well it is Mourinho lol. Plus they had 1 point from 2 games, already 5 points back of Barcelona. And he went on to score a brace so I don't know.

Found this pretty interesting and it definitely made some sense.

Carlo Garganese said on Goal.com:

However, as we have seen in the past, politics plays an important role in deciding who wins the Ballon d'Or. In 2010, Wesley Sneijder deserved the prize, but the political climate was against him. It is possible that politics may work against Ronaldo also. If he doesn't have allies within Real Madrid as an institution, and they have decided to back Casillas - as it has been speculated in some quarters - then his chances of success decrease significantly.

Still unsure what to make of this whole situation though as he's been so vague in all his comments.

Sevilla just beat Real Madrid 1-0. Real already 8 points back of Barca.

Can't believe they have so much quality, yet have only put up four points in four games.

Sill hate that beIN Sport has the U.S. TV rights to La Liga matches. I liked being able to watch Real Madrid and Barcelona games on ESPN3.

Don't see any difference. They simply replaced GolTV.

For me it was just a matter of convenience, as I don't have acces to it at my dad's house or when I'm at the lake. ESPN3 was just more convenient as all that's required is an internet connection with a provider that supports it.

Did they even show any La Liga games today?

EDIT - Comcast doesn't even have beIN sport in English yet either.

Edited by Cobb

• 2 weeks later...

The first Clasico of the season between Real Madrid and Barcelona is tomorrow. Pretty crazy to think that a Barcelona win would put them up 11 points and certainly end the Blancos' chances of repeating as champions despite being just a week into October.