Chris Paul Doesn’t Fear Lakers

Chris Paul Doesn’t Fear the Lakers

Only by means of NBA-intervention, Chris Paul is not a member of the Los Angeles Lakers. Instead of joining the Lakers by way of a mammoth three-team deal in December of 2011, the trade was rescinded by the league office and, it seemed at the time at least, that Paul was not destined for a move to LA. But that was not the case as both the Lakers and Paul’s former team, the New Orleans Hornets, continued wheeling and dealing that winter and the effects were felt across the NBA.

Originally a part of the deal to acquire Paul, disgruntled Lakers’ forward Lamar Odom was instead shipped to the Dallas Mavericks that December with the Lakers receiving a massive trade exception in return. Fast forward to a year later and LA used that very exception in a sign-and-trade with the Phoenix Suns to acquire two-time NBA Most Valuable Player (MVP) Steve Nash.

The Lakers weren’t finished after Nash and went ahead and added the best center in the NBA in Dwight Howard to create a super team, on paper at least, heading into next season that looks primed for a title run.

For Paul, the all-star point guard was shipped to that other team in Los Angeles – the LA Clippers – to team with an exciting young all-star in Blake Griffin. Featuring Griffin as the budding superstar, DeAndre Jordan patrolling the paint and a solid veteran cast Paul led the Clippers from the depths of previous seasons to a postseason berth in 2012.

Read More

I don't think LAL fears CP3. I really don't respect CP3 too highly. I know he has all this 'fight' in him, but he's very dirty at times and doesn't seem like a guy who can lead a team to championship heights. Personally won't be rooting for him.

I don't think LAL fears CP3. I really don't respect CP3 too highly. I know he has all this 'fight' in him, but he's very dirty at times and doesn't seem like a guy who can lead a team to championship heights. Personally won't be rooting for him.

Feeling you. Couldn't agree more. He choked in numerous occasions last season. I'm sure he'll get owned each and every time the Clippers face the Lakers. The 2012-'13 season will mark the first time ever that I'll be rooting against a Clipper. And I only did that Olympic Stat Tracker 'cause he was the only Clipper in London (excl. Ronny). Paul is becoming one of my most hated players... <_<

Edited by Sħãlïq̵'