Best Warriors Rookie?

Warriors ROY?  

4 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

http://i.imgur.com/mGZ2C.png

Which Warriors Rookie Will Have The Best Season - Harrison Barnes, Festus Ezeli or Draymond Green? I'd go with the latter:

Rory Sparrow, who works for the NBA's player programs department, said he sees the same thing. "What we have now are guys who understand what the ultimate prize is about," he explained. "Guys come into the business knowing, 'OK, I'm going to get paid, and I really do want that compensation. And I'm going to enjoy the benefits thereof. But I also know that ultimately you're not really judged as a great player until you win something.'"

(...)

Having spent four straight days, around the clock, with the rookies, Sparrow said he sees kernels of leadership. "Draymond Green has been outstanding," Sparrow said of the Warriors' second-round pick.

Source

Magic Johnson was also asked about Draymond Green, who has been described by Izzo as a very, very poor man's Johnson, given their similar skill sets. Does Johnson think Green have a future in the NBA?

"He's definitely going to make it in the NBA. He can rebound, he can pass, he can shoot and he's smart. When you can pass, rebound and shoot, you have a nose for that basketball like he does, and he's a leader. He's going to definitely make it. Also he's a great teammate, so I feel that he's going to definitely back up somebody in the NBA. I think he'll be probably late first round.

The problem is he's a four‑year guy, so a lot of franchises are going to be looking for that type of guy who went to school, who knows, who can come in and play right away and be a sub right away. Draymond is going to be perfect for that role for some team in the late first round.

So you don't see guys that are a triple threat like that anymore. You usually see guys that can do one of two things. They can either rebound, they can't score. They can score, can't rebound. This guy is almost, what, he's got more double‑doubles. He's one of the leaders in double‑doubles in the country.

He can take you all the way out to the three‑point line. He's definitely going to make the NBA, no question in my mind."

Source

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Legacy, did you see the Warriors - Clippers game? Festus Ezeli is a BEAST!! New enforcer for sure. I ain't sure if he gon' get the BP40 that Turiaf/Udoh got, but this dood plays some monstrous D, man! Fouls hard, doesn't get fooled, jump-defends with his body (and NOT his hands). A big HUGE advantage he's got on the former backups is his low post game: he clears space like he's moving stuffed animals. Bogut says Ezeli's the strongest guy on the roster.

On Harrison Barnes: really athletic, scores with contact, and it seems he could become a big-time scorer like 'Twan. Probably won't win RoY, but if we see 10 and 5 out of him, I'll be satisfied. Do you see him averaging 12 and 7?