Official NBA 2K13 Thread

Sħãlïq™

I just got the game and so far I like it, the game play is a whole lot better and smother than in 2k12. The two things that caught my eye the most are the in air collisions while doing lay ups and the defense seems improved as well. It feels easier to play in your hands, it may take some time getting used to the new control stick and it sucks that you have to create Kareem, Dr.J, and C-Webb for there classic teams but other than that I think the games great.

I like the gameplay much better in this game. Much smoother. I really don't like the look of the menu compared to the past 2 games. Also not sure how I feel about the virtual currency. I think its kind of gay how you can pretty much just go play a whole bunch of online games then use all the points you get from that and upgrade your My Player with it.

And to Cleveland, I haven't played Association yet, but I'll let you know once I've tried it.

Edited by DemarDerozanDunk

I encountered a little bug in MyCareer.

I was drafted #10 overall to the New Orleans Hornets. Obviously, Anthony Davis was taken #1 by them too. I expected it to be to my player and Davis... however in the first game I received a pass from Austin Rivers?!? I clicked on his name in the boxscore then and it said he was taken #10 overall too... so it seems like wherever your player is taken they will still take whoever they really took in the draft too.

Kind of interesting.

I encountered a little bug in MyCareer.

I was drafted #10 overall to the New Orleans Hornets. Obviously, Anthony Davis was taken #1 by them too. I expected it to be to my player and Davis... however in the first game I received a pass from Austin Rivers?!? I clicked on his name in the boxscore then and it said he was taken #10 overall too... so it seems like wherever your player is taken they will still take whoever they really took in the draft too.

Kind of interesting.

It was like that in 2K12 too. I don't know why they do it like that

This game feels so different compared to 2k12. The pace feels so much faster and defense is harder. Not sure if I like or dislike that yet though

really? that's what i was wondering, really that much of a difference?

man i'll have to download the demo if there is one for PS3

I loved 2k12 last year to be honest, one of my favorite sports games ofa ll time. i went like 82-44 online...and i don't even normally play video games like that, but all i did was play people online and i got pretty good at the game.

eventually the game just became boring because i had no interest in the other game modes outside of playing people online

I finally found my first problem with this game and its the rebounding. I don't know if anyone else has had this problem but I played a game online the other day and I got out rebounded on the offensive glass 17 to 3, no joke. Granted I had the Knicks and I was going against the Bulls who are a better rebounding team I found a lot of the offensive rebounds my opponent was getting were B.S. I would have 3 to 4 guys around the basket for a defensive rebound to his one guy standing in the middle and he would still get the offensive rebound. And there were times were my dude was in perfect position for a defensive rebound but the ball ends up being tipped multiple times until it ends back into my opponents hands. During one defensive possession in this game I had Melo, STAT, and Chandler under the goal and boxing out for a defensive rebound and Rip Hamilton who was far behind these guys ends up somehow getting it. I know some will probably say box out but that's what I did and it still happened. This has also happened to guys that I have played against I would get multiple offensive rebounds in a row that I know I shouldn't be getting. It's understandable at first but after awhile it gets annoying, repetitive, and unrealistic. So far this is my only problem with the game but other than that its still a great game and miles better than 2k12 IMO. I just hope they make a patch to improve the defensive rebounding or tone down the offensive rebounding some. Has anyone else had this problem yet?

Edited by htownborn