Monroe calls Andre Drummond 'beast' on glass

http://media.mlive.com/pistons_impact/photo/11286330-large.jpg

Monroe calls Andre Drummond 'beast' on glass

Greg Monroe called rookie Andre Drummond a "beast on the boards."

Drummond, who just turned 19, says he's "just trying to get better as a player" before his rookie season begins. Expected to continue his offseason work at the practice facility until training camp begins, Drummond will get his chance to prove that he can contribute early and often in his inaugural campaign. It's worth noting that Monroe has already gone on the record saying he's preparing to play more power forward so the two can play alongside one another.

--------------------

http://www.freep.com/article/20120827/SPORTS03/308270096/Pistons-rookie-Andre-Drummond-reaps-rewards-at-Las-Vegas-camp?odyssey=tab|topnews|text|Detroit%20Pistons

I love the potential of this frontcourt. I think Drummond is gonna be a solid one. Seems like a good kid, I think being a pro will do him well for development. Another year of college would have been a waste.

What I like the most about it is that their skill sets compliment each other so well. Monroe has been great playing center and on the low block since coming into the league but during his time with Georgetown he was probably the best high post big in college. If Drummond develops like expected they will be an absolutely scary low post/high post combo, especially when you combine Drummond's athletic ability with Monroe's excellent passing ability.

It will really be a treat to watch these two develop and grow together, assuming Drummond is able to reach his potential. They have the potential to be an absolutely lethal frontcourt pairing.