2012-13 UEFA Champions League

Gooner

Wow, hadn't seen that video before, but it's so true man.

Dortmund hosts Real Madrid in a match that could be the deciding factor in who finishes atop the group. With all the injuries Real Madrid has (Marcelo Vieira and Alvaro Arbeloa to just name a few) and the away record they have against German teams (something like one win in the last 23 games), I wouldn't be surprised to see a drew or even a loss.

Manchester City faces Ajax in a virtual must-win match if City plans to advance. Despite only being a point ahead of Ajax, City is simply just more talented and I'll predict a 2-1 victory for them.

Sorry if all my posts pertain to only Group D, it's just that the two teams I watch and follow the closest (Manchester City and Real Madrid) are in it.

• 2 weeks later...
Having recorded a comfortable victory over Arsenal on Saturday afternoon, Manchester United now must face a familiar challenge - a side nicknamed the Arsenalistas. Braga originally played in green and white stripes, but after former coach Jozef Szabo visited London and was inspired by the Gunners, Braga's home kit changed to red shirts and white shorts, and they inevitably acquired a new nickname.

As it happens, Braga will probably set up in a similar manner to Arsenal. Both generally favour a 4-2-3-1, but just as Arsene Wenger decided to move Santi Cazorla deeper to play alongside Jack Wilshere in midfield, Jose Peseiro adapted his shape at Old Trafford a fortnight ago. Ruben Micael helped out in midfield and allowed right-winger Alan to support Eder - Alan scored twice as Braga raced into a 2-0 lead, before eventually losing 3-2.

Source

Man. Utd. starters: De Gea, Valencia, Smalling, Evans, Evra; Anderson, Giggs, Nani; Rooney, Chicharito, Welbeck.

Edited by Sħãlïq

• 1 month later...

Round of 16 draw

Galatasaray AŞ (TUR) v FC Schalke 04 (GER)

Celtic FC (SCO) v Juventus (ITA)

Arsenal FC (ENG) v FC Bayern München (GER)

FC Shakhtar Donetsk (UKR) v Borussia Dortmund (GER)

AC Milan (ITA) v FC Barcelona (ESP)

Real Madrid CF (ESP) v Manchester United FC (ENG)

Valencia CF (ESP) v Paris Saint-Germain FC (FRA)

FC Porto (POR) v Málaga CF (ESP)

• 1 month later...

CR7 calling out Man Utd fans:

I must express, however, that I fear you have no idea what you are getting into here. We're talking about one-hundred-and-one (101, this is
not a typo) caps for the Portugal National Football Team, the third youngest ever to reach a century of caps. The two-time European Golden
Shoe, the latter of which was won with a record-shattering total of forty (yes, 40) goals; and the former of which was won in front of an
audience of over 75000 spectators (my coach even cancelled my entire team's afternoon training so that they could travel to the venue and
cheer on their champion). I was somewhat of a minor celebrity for my football exploits in my hometown (srs) and people still recognise me on
the streets now. When I decided to resign as the star of the Manchester Utd team, Fergie took me out of training for 30 minutes in a pathetic
attempt to persuade me to change my mind.

The gauntlet's been thrown!

Such class by Ronaldo today after he scored and after the game.

Sir Alex Ferguson said: "Ronaldo is sitting in our dressing room at the moment, talking to the lads. I'm proud to see how he's flourished."

he had to explain to all of them that he is not messi

• 2 weeks later...

MESSI MESSI MESSI MESSI MESSI MESSI MESSI MESSI MESSI MESSI MESSI MESSI
MESSI MESSI MESSI MESSI MESSI MESSI MESSI MESSI MESSI MESSI MESSI

Cristiano Ronaldo Cristiano Ronaldo Cristiano Ronaldo Cristiano Ronaldo Cristiano Ronaldo Cristiano Ronaldo Cristiano Ronaldo Cristiano Ronaldo Cristiano Ronaldo Cristiano Ronaldo Cristiano Ronaldo Cristiano Ronaldo Cristiano Ronaldo Cristiano Ronaldo Cristiano Ronaldo Cristiano Ronaldo Cristiano Ronaldo Cristiano Ronaldo 

Edited by Sħãlïq™

Christiano Ronaldo Christiano Ronaldo Christiano Ronaldo Christiano Ronaldo Christiano Ronaldo Christiano Ronaldo Christiano Ronaldo Christiano Ronaldo Christiano Ronaldo Christiano Ronaldo Christiano Ronaldo Christiano Ronaldo Christiano Ronaldo Christiano Ronaldo Christiano Ronaldo Christiano Ronaldo Christiano Ronaldo Christiano Ronaldo

Not the goat