Nets to work out Curry

Sħãlïq™

Nets to work out Eddy Curry

Free-agent center Eddy Curry will work out with the Brooklyn Nets on Wednesday, a source confirmed to ESPNNewYork.com. Yahoo! Sports first reported that the Nets would work out Curry. The website also reported the Nets will work out free agent center Hilton Armstrong, who played in France last season. Curry, 29, played sparingly for the Miami Heat last season. He's also played with the Chicago Bulls and New York Knicks during his career.

The Nets still are looking for a center to back up starter Brook Lopez. Brooklyn currently has 13 players signed to guaranteed contracts for next season. The Nets recently agreed to terms with small forward Donte Greene on a training camp invite/non-guaranteed deal. Greene's deal, however, fell through after he fractured his ankle during an offseason workout on Saturday, and he will be forced to undergo surgery, his agent, Chris Luchey, confirmed to ESPNNewYork.com via email.

"Donte won't be signed now," a league source confirmed to ESPNNewYork.com. It is unknown how long Greene will be out. Greene was going to have the opportunity to back up starter Gerald Wallace.

Source

Workout was yesterday. Bigger news to me was that they worked out Hilton Armstrong along with him, but that doesn't matter anymore since he's Greece-bound. I read the Nets no longer have much interest in Curry.

So the Nets aren't interested in any of them? Keep us updated, bro.

So the Nets aren't interested in any of them? Keep us updated, bro.

No idea what the Nets thought of Armstrong, but he signed with a team in Greece soon after the workout. I suppose Curry is still in the equation, but I think the Nets are looking elsewhere.

I am really, really hoping Josh Harrellson is meeting with the team soon.