NHL 13

Universe

Had very low expectations downloading the demo but was pleasantly surprised. Skating has improved a ton and the physics are actually almost NHL level. I tried doing a trick around the defender using Lucic and he actually pushed over the defender once he lost the puck. A lot of shielding of the puck and small picks included.

Graphics have improved and so have the goalie motions. Much smoother gameplay overall which makes it impressive. They added back a speed burst button which is huge too.

Negatives are the goalie masks are still complete ass. Fighting is still a KO but overall I'm super impressed. Even the crowd was smaller at some games which if added, would be a nice boost to Be A GM. I suggest giving it a download.

best sports game out there hands down. sorry fifa lovers.

LOL yes this post is very laughable. It's funny because when you have you're own people from the hockey community on the actual EA forum bashing. Saying that it is an inferior game then FIFA. Just shut up man you know NHL is not better then FIFA and, we have gone over this before why FIFA is better and why it has better technology and better AI. Just that alone beats out any sports game. And also the sells numbers speak for it self.

Here is now you're game did in the pre-oders and week lunches an stuff. These numbers are just for America, which I'm sure Canada is included as well. And guess what NHL is not even ON THE LIST! LMFAO!

http://www.t3.com/news/fifa-12-sales-top-3-2-million-in-opening-week

3.2 million sold in OPEN WEEK.

Here is a qoute:

"FIFA 12 is a stunning achievement by our team at EA Canada," said Andrew Wilson, executive vice president of EA Sports.

Like I've said before this game is made in Canada and this just goes to show they don't give a [expletive] about the hockey game as much as they care about the FIFA game. Get serious the NHL is a rubbish game compared to FIFA. It's 2nd best sports game, I will give it that and it will even EVER be the 1st best sports period, as long as football(soccer) is on this planet!

Enjoy haters :)

smoove is so mad. sales =/= quality, we all know this. popularity =/= quality in the same regard too. i'm not a huge nhl fan because i don't understand the rules(offsides [expletive]s me over each and every time), but it isn't like fifa is on a different planet or anything. and fwiw i'd say that the show is a notch above fifa

LOL yes this post is very laughable. It's funny because when you have you're own people from the hockey community on the actual EA forum bashing. Saying that it is an inferior game then FIFA. Just shut up man you know NHL is not better then FIFA and, we have gone over this before why FIFA is better and why it has better technology and better AI. Just that alone beats out any sports game. And also the sells numbers speak for it self.

Here is now you're game did in the pre-oders and week lunches an stuff. These numbers are just for America, which I'm sure Canada is included as well. And guess what NHL is not even ON THE LIST! LMFAO!

Here is a qoute:

Like I've said before this game is made in Canada and this just goes to show they don't give a [expletive] about the hockey game as much as they care about the FIFA game. Get serious the NHL is a rubbish game compared to FIFA. It's 2nd best sports game, I will give it that and it will even EVER be the 1st best sports period, as long as football(soccer) is on this planet!

this makes no sense. the link makes absolutely NO mention of NHL or its sales...

smoove is so mad. sales =/= quality, we all know this. popularity =/= quality in the same regard too. i'm not a huge nhl fan because i don't understand the rules(offsides [expletive]s me over each and every time), but it isn't like fifa is on a different planet or anything. and fwiw i'd say that the show is a notch above fifa

What no, and there is millions of people in Canada and in America who are hockey fans who can buy the game as well. But they know the game is not good as FIFA. Also just like there is millions of people who live in Europe and buy FIFA because it is a good game and has great AI technology, which is the best AI technology in the world when it comes to sports game. This was even an issue on the damn hockey EA forum, what don't you not realize this, these hockey guys over there are much higher and more of a hockey gamer then any of you on here. So they know more then you when it comes to the techology that our in these games.

What no, and there is millions of people in Canada and in America who are hockey fans who can buy the game as well. But they know the game is not good as FIFA. Also just like there is millions of people who live in Europe and buy FIFA because it is a good game and has great AI technology, which is the best AI technology in the world when it comes to sports game. This was even an issue on the damn hockey EA forum, what don't you not realize this, these hockey guys over there are much higher and more of a hockey gamer then any of you on here. So they know more then you when it comes to the techology that our in these games.

I'm confused on what you are trying to prove. NHL 12 broke records for sales last year and almost everyone I know who owns a system has purchased NHL 13. Your mixing up popularity of a sport and including sales. If you were to offer the regular American the option of any of the major sports games this year, NHL would be at the bottom of the list. Heck even FIFA wouldn't be a top choice for most. The only people in my area who play FIFA are Europeans.

As far as the rest, it's just an assumption. Go download NHL 13 then come in here and state some points from your view rather than EA forums and sales totals.

I don't understand why you come into a thread about NHL 13 and start talking about Fifa. Yes, I know Fifa was mentioned in here, but you don't need to go on a rant about Fifa. We get it, you like Fifa more.

As someone who has played NHL and Fifa daily throughout my four years at college, both are very good games. It's not fair if you're going to try and compare the physics in Fifa to NHL because it's MUCH harder to make the physics in NHL realistic than in Fifa because players are on skates, there pace if much faster, and there is far more contact involved.

It's obvious Fifa is going to sell more copies as soccer is a more popular sport. There's absolutely no denying that. However, that doesn't make it a better game.

I'd say when I play Fifa, it's a much more relaxing game, where when I play NHL, it gets intense beyond belief.

Here is a qoute:

your*

lol this is like the 4th thread you've posted about how godly you think fifa is and how NHL has so many flaws. Take it down a notch. Its cool if you like Fifa better. Doesn't mean you have to come in the NHL thread and go on a rant about how Fifa is so much better. Also, I'm going to assume you are European by your bad English. Or atleast from a different country that is a bigger soccer country. Correct me if I'm wrong.

• 2 weeks later...