Matt Barnes signs with Clippers

The Regime

Small forward Matt Barnes signed with the Los Angeles Clippers on Friday, the team announced in an e-mail Friday. While the Clippers did not disclose terms of the deal, USA TODAY Sports reported earlier Friday that it is a one-year deal, according to a person familiar with the deal.

The person requested anonymity because he was not authorized to disclose terms of the contract.

http://content.usatoday.com/communities/gameon/post/2012/09/14/clippers-sign-barnes/70000387/1#.UFO-GK7piSo

:lol: How the [expletive] are all these players gonna get minutes?

Saw this on one other board - thought it provides a good answer to your question:

CP3

Billups

Caron

Blake

DJ

6th man: Lamar for DJ

7th man: Bledsoe for Billups

8th man: GHill for Caron

Finish 1st quarter with CP3, Bledsoe, Hill, Blake, Lamar

2nd quarter starts with:

Bledsoe

Crawford

Hill

Blake

Lamar

3 minutes in: CP3, Caron, Turiaf, and DJ come back. (Crawford remains)

5minutes rest and Blake comes in for Turiaf. Billups comes in for Crawford.

That's 10 guys in the 1st half rotation

Ideal distribution of minutes:

PG: CP3 36mins Bledsoe 8mins Billups 4mins

SG: Billups 20mins Bledsoe 10mins Crawford 18mins

SF: Caron 20mins GHill 20mins Barnes 8mins

PF: Blake 36mins Odom 10mins Turiaf 2mins

C: DJ 26mins Odom 18mins Turiaf 4mins

I'm playing 11 guys there and I hope he does something like that when we're healthy. It still leaves a very capable Willie Green with zero PT and Hollins in street clothes.

CP3 and Blake: 36mins

Lamar: 28mins

DJ: 26mins

Billups: 24mins

Caron and Hill: 20mins

Bled and Crawford: 18mins

Barnes and Turiaf: spot duty

Only our thoroughbreds play big minutes and this should keep the team relatively healthy throughout the year.

^ They've left out Willie Green, and the sophs (Tompkins and Leslie)..

• Like 1

A good read on Barnes:

Matt Barnes goes from Blake Griffin's 'enemy' to a teammate

http://www.latimes.com/media/photo/2012-09/72306758.jpg

Clippers star Blake Griffin, left, and Matt Barnes, right, haven't been the best of friends on the court. How will Barnes' return to the Clippers affect their relationship?

Chris Paul recruited Matt Barnes. Blake Griffin forgave him. And with that confluence of events, the former Lakers small forward officially became a Clipper on Friday, signing a one-year contract for the veteran’s minimum of about $1.2 million. Barnes was already in enemy territory a few weeks ago when he worked out with Paul at the Clippers’ training facility.

“Chris Paul was talking about how tough we were going to be next year, assuming I was a Laker,” Barnes said in a telephone interview. “I told him I was a free agent and he said, ‘No, you’re about to be a Clipper.' "

Barnes said the All-Star point guard pitched signing Barnes to Clippers management, though there was one potential hang-up: Barnes had shoved Griffin to the floor during a preseason game last December, earning a flagrant foul. So before agreeing to acquire the nine-year veteran, Barnes said, the Clippers checked with Griffin to receive his blessing. Barnes said he also spoke with Griffin on Thursday.

Read More