Heat sign Josh Harrellson

Abro

If he can play defense, this will be a great pick-up. Haven't really watched him all that much but if he can hit the 3, rebound, and is still pretty big at 6'10" 275. If he will be able to play some D I expect him to play some significant minutes in the regular season and hopefully into the playoffs. Hope he pans out.

Here's the link:

http://www.hothothoops.com/2012/9/17/3348462/heat-sign-josh-harrellson

Edited by Abro

• Owner

If he can play defense, this will be a great pick-up. Haven't really watched him all that much but if he can hit the 3, rebound, and is still pretty big at 6'10" 275. If he will be able to play some D I expect him to play some significant minutes in the regular season and hopefully into the playoffs. Hope he pans out.

Here's the link:

http://www.hothothoops.com/2012/9/17/3348462/heat-sign-josh-harrellson

This is Josh Harrellson we're talking about. You guys were excited for Eddy Curry, too.

Miami paid for another six fouls, that's it.

Haha I don't know I heard he can rebound and hit jumpers, so just going off of what i have heard. Never actually watched him though. And pretty sure he is different than Curry.. Just hope he pans out is all. wasn't saying that "I'm excited for him necessarily. Hope he's nothing like Curry lol.

Edited by Abro

• Owner

Haha I don't know I heard he can rebound and hit jumpers, so just going off of what i have heard. Never actually watched him though. And pretty sure he is different than Curry.. Just hope he pans out is all. wasn't saying that "I'm excited for him necessarily. Hope he's nothing like Curry lol.

Well, he's not that bad of a rebounder in the limited minutes he was playing, and you have to consider he was a rook, but his stamina (and just being a liability on the floor) put him on the bench, for the most part. I mean, a guy can average four boards in 15 minutes, but that doesn't necessarily mean he can grab 10 in 40 minutes of play.

He's decent at spreading the floor, but he also doesn't take that many shots per game, and I'm pretty sure he shot under or around 40% from the floor his rookie season (because that's what he was slapped in the face for in one of those Rookie Ladder articles I read), so he's not efficient for a big man.

In limited minutes, you'll get a few boards and six fouls from him. He's not much of a defender against actual talent...not so bad in garbage minutes, though.

Yeah he actually shot 42% from the field (which is still terrible) but here's some statistics I got from RealGM if you are at all interested.

"Harrellson appeared in 37 games (four starts) for the New York Knicks last season averaging 4.4 points and 3.9 rebounds in 14.6 minutes of action while shooting 42.3 percent from the field, including 33.9 percent from three-point range. In his four starts, he averaged 10.5 points, 8.5 rebounds, 1.00 blocks and 30.8 minutes while shooting 46 percent from the field. He scored a career-high 18 points in a 104-84 victory at Charlotte on April 26 and posted a 14-point, 12-rebound double-double at Sacramento on December 31, helping New York capture the 114-92 win. He appeared in five postseason games with New York during the Opening Round of the 2012 NBA Playoffs against the HEAT and totaled 10 points and eight rebounds in 25 minutes."

Read more: http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/223538/Josh_Harrellson_Signs_With_Heat#ixzz26llWrYZF