New Jersey @ Toronto

• 4 months later...
Chris Douglas-Roberts says he’s playing. Kiki Vandeweghe said he has to go through shootaround. No Keyon Dooling until at least tomorrow, though.

Jose Calderon (sore left hip) will miss his sixth game out of seven. Which means Jarrett Jack starts, and Marcus Banks -- one of the few guys on the Raps who can’t shoot, .375 -- backs up.

Raptors lose 120-107 and I officially give up this season and start the blow up the team movement. Other than DeRozan and Alvin Williams everybody can hit the road, player or staff.

Seriously though, if the Raptors don't win today this team should be blown up, trade for as many draft picks and expiring contracts as possible, tank the season and pray that you are able to draft John Wall, somehow.

Edited by Built Ford Tough

Bias makes me want Xavier Henry, and really when you put DeRozan and Henry together in a back court. Holy [expletive], a volume scorer who can slash and a slasher who is developing a shot is dirty. My wet dream is probably just that, wet.

Edited by BasX

I really feel for Devin Harris. Must suck being on a team that is 2-24. Look at the Net +/- it's so ugly it's not even funny.

I don't feel for him one bit, considering a large part of the reason why the Nets are 2-24 this season is his absolutely terrible play. He has been selfish with the ball, shooting absolutely terribly (36% on the season) and has been playing no defense either. Yeah, he has had some injury problems and yeah the Nets don't have the most talented roster but Devin Harris's play is a huge reason why the Nets are sucking this season. He has been absolutely awful.

And to think, people thought that Harris was more valuable to the Nets than Carter was last season. I remember when I got into a debate with somebody about who the Nets MVP was and he laughed when I said that it was still Carter. Harris is a good player, don't get me wrong, but he is a good second option at best. An ideal role for him is what he had back in Dallas which was a great, two way, change of pace guard. He simply isn't cut out for this kind of role.

Well, without him they'd be doing worse which is kind of hard to think about since they're playing terrible as it is.

Honestly, I don't think that they would be any worse without him. As the season goes along, sure, but as of right now I don't think that it would make much of a difference.

Just going by averages, I am sure that the Nets would manage to steal a game or two without Harris in the lineup. They would be bound to run into a team that has a terrible game or something like that.

First time actually getting to see the Nets play this year and wow..... what a joke for real. I thought it was maybe because we were just too young but no we're terrible. No one moves or even tries. Courtney Lee is useless and what a disappointment. Devin Harris has lost all faith and just quit already in the season. Brook Lopez and CDR are the only two actually trying out there. We have to win the lottery and get the first pick.

First time actually getting to see the Nets play this year and wow..... what a joke for real. I thought it was maybe because we were just too young but no we're terrible. No one moves or even tries. Courtney Lee is useless and what a disappointment. Devin Harris has lost all faith and just quit already in the season. Brook Lopez and CDR are the only two actually trying out there. We have to win the lottery and get the first pick.

With the Nets lucky they won't and they'll end up getting a horrible one.

Devin Harris brings the ball up the court and acts like he wants to come out of the game and hand water to the opposing team for beating his own teammates half to death. He doesn't even care.

Well, heck, if the management doesn't then why should he?

• Owner

Well, heck, if the management doesn't then why should he?

Because he and Lopez, with a good player in CDR, should be winning more than 10 games this season. Harris was happy to leave Dallas, getting out of the backup role he had and "earning" this starting job with New Jersey...so as a professional, he should want to prove to the fans that he can lead a team.

If Devin was actually carrying this team a bit, then he decided to demand a trade or ask the FO to get something done, that might be different...but since his first game this season, Harris just hasn't looked like he wants to win. He doesn't want to score the ball at will (despite his ability to against certain slower point guards he's played against), he certainly doesn't want to pass the ball, and it's ALMOST like he's letting the team go down 30, then playing hard for himself, to make sure everyone knows it's not his fault.

I really feel for Devin Harris. Must suck being on a team that is 2-24. Look at the Net +/- it's so ugly it's not even funny.

Here's an article from yesterday.

The Nets are enduring a historically bad season, and not long ago when things went south their All-Star point guard wanted out. Don't expect Devin Harris to pull a Jason Kidd.

"That's not my personality," Harris said.

"I'm here," he added. "I'm here every day, coming to work. This is where I want to be."

Harris and Kidd are different people and players, and at different stages in their careers.

Kidd was an established star, hated losing and didn't want to carry a team when he requested a trade in 2007. Harris, 26, wants to carry a team. He wishes things were going differently for the team he's trying to carry.

"Right now I'm the leader on this team," Harris said. "My job is getting guys to come out and compete every night. That's my job at the moment. Everything else will take care of itself."

Link