Jalen Rose breaks the Code ??? Reveals Raptor Locker Story

raptorgaetano

I guess what goes on in the dressing room is public knowledge according to Jalen ...

Well, it is public knowledge. Michelle Carter (Vince's mom) talked about this in 2005 and it was published in an article from both ESPN and Sportsnet.

Here is the ESPN article (that references the original article from Sportsnet).

EAST RUTHERFORD, N.J. -- Vince Carter's mother says her son had a physical confrontation with Raptors coach Sam Mitchell earlier this season when he played in Toronto, and Carter did not deny it.

"So? What's the big deal," Carter said when asked about the incident following the New Jersey Nets' 101-91 loss to the San Antonio Spurs on Friday night.

"You make an altercation (sound) like a fight," Carter said when a questioner used that term. The reporter who asked the question explained that an altercation could be a fight, to which Carter replied: "Exactly." He had no further comment.

Mitchell, speaking to reporters in Toronto after the 76ers-Raptors game, said he and Carter merely wrestled. But Carter's mother, Michelle, said her son slammed Mitchell onto a massage table in the Raptors' locker room after the coach challenged Carter.

Mitchell also reportedly challenged point guard Rafer Alston to a fight during halftime of Toronto's game Tuesday night at Cleveland.

Michelle Carter said she found out about the altercation from the coach, not from her son, after Mitchell mentioned it in passing at the Raptors' Christmas party.

"So I asked Vince what happened. He told me he couldn't take Sam's challenges anymore, so he picked him up and threw him on the massage table. That definitely happened. No question about it. And if anyone says it didn't happen, they're lying," she told Sportsnet of Canada.

Michelle Carter also spoke with reporters in New Jersey after the Spurs-Nets game.

"I did not say it was a fight," she said. "I want to clarify that. I wasn't there, I'm just going by what Sam Mitchell said and what Vince Carter told me."

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=1989670

So, yeah, it actually is public knowledge and has been for over 7 years.

• 3 weeks later...

Well, it is public knowledge. Michelle Carter (Vince's mom) talked about this in 2005 and it was published in an article from both ESPN and Sportsnet.

Here is the ESPN article (that references the original article from Sportsnet).

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=1989670

So, yeah, it actually is public knowledge and has been for over 7 years.

Former Toronto Raptors Head Coach Sam Mitchell vehemently denied a story Jalen Rose detailed in his piece for Grantland, whereby the former Raptor player stated Mitchell and Vince Carter got into a physical altercation before the Raptors were set to take on the Portland Trail Blazers in the team's seventh game of the 2004-05 season.

Listen now: Sam Mitchell with Tim Micallef and Sid Seixeiro

http://www.sportsnet.ca/590/2012/10/12/nba_toronto_raptors_sam_mitchell_w_tim_micallef_and_sid_seixeiro/