Rex Ryan supports Mark Sanchez

If Mark Sanchez continues to struggle, his days as the New York Jets' quarterback will be numbered.

For now, he has the support of Rex Ryan, who was bombarded with questions Monday as the inevitable Sanchez-Tim Tebow controversy erupted.

"I think (Sanchez) is definitely our guy," Ryan said. "I don't want to get into the what-ifs, this, that or whatever. I just know in my heart, right now, that this is not the time (to change)."

After six months of simmering, Sanchez-Tebow has reached a full boil, with Sanchez coming off three straight poor performances.

Even Jets owner Woody Johnson, appearing on a Bloomberg TV political show, was asked about the quarterback situation.

Source: ESPN

• 2 weeks later...

As far as I'm concerned, keep Sanchez in there so the team can keep losing games. Get rid of him and Rex the glorified defensive coordinator, start over with a new head coach and pick up Landry Jones to be the new leader of this offense. This 'vaunted' ground-and-pound doesn't work (and did anyone really expect it to with the team running a decent starter and no proven backup?), this 'vaunted' defense gets shredded by any RB that can run at least a 4.55 40 and can't generate a pass rush for shit, and the team just can't develop any corners. It's time to start fresh.

• Owner

I have a friend who loves the Jets, and he thinks the same...just go into tank mode, let Sanchez play out the season, and drop both him and Ryan.

As a non-fan, and since the Jets aren't a team I really have to care about (since my Raiders aren't going to make the playoffs), I just want to see Sanchez pushed aside for Tebow. I need the drama right now, lol.

Plus, if Tebow somehow wins games, doesn't matter how many...it only helps the Raiders in landing the better draft pick, haha.

As far as I'm concerned, keep Sanchez in there so the team can keep losing games. Get rid of him and Rex the glorified defensive coordinator, start over with a new head coach and pick up Landry Jones to be the new leader of this offense. This 'vaunted' ground-and-pound doesn't work (and did anyone really expect it to with the team running a decent starter and no proven backup?), this 'vaunted' defense gets shredded by any RB that can run at least a 4.55 40 and can't generate a pass rush for shit, and the team just can't develop any corners. It's time to start fresh.

Why Landry Jones?

Sanchez and Tebow both suck, the Jets don't have a QB, and Tony Sparano as the offensive coordinator is even better considering we couldn't score for shit when he was the head coach of the Dolphins. Keep doing what you are doing Rex, I love it.

Edited by SRV

Not sure how you mean? But anyway, I'm a big fan of Landry Jones, but he doesn't work paired up with Yeremiah Bell.

I was just wondering why you think the Jets should go with Jones when he has his struggles often enough at Oklahoma. He probably won't be any better than Sanchez

Edited by Lkr

I was just wondering why you think the Jets should go with Jones when he has his struggles often enough at Oklahoma. He probably won't be any better than Sanchez

I got completely mixed up between Landry Jones and LaRon Landry there. :P

I like Landry Jones. He's gotten a lot of experience, he's got the physical tools, and I just feel that he'd fit in with the Jets. Despite a thinned out receiving corps this year, he's playing well. But anyway, that experience is priceless and playing nearly 4 full seasons at Oklahoma is a [expletive] ton different than playing 1 season at USC pre-competent Pac 10/12.