Shaq thinks Brook Lopez is better than Dwight Howard

Real Deal

• Owner

This dude really hates D12.

Shaquille O'Neal doesn't just think Andrew Bynum is better than Dwight Howard.

He'd also take Brook Lopez over D-12 ... assuming he can remember the Nets center's name.

Here's what O'Neal had to say when asked his opinion on who is the best big man in the NBA during a roundtable discussion with fellow TNT analysts posted on NBA.com last week:

"We as players, we always watch people before us. When I came in it was Patrick Ewing and Hakeem Olajuwon, guys who played like true centers who played inside. What we have now are centers that are going to the European style, which is a lot of pick-and-roll. Dwight Howard, who's a pick-and-roll player, some people say he's the best center in the league, but me being an old-school center, I'm going to go with Robin Lopez and Andrew Bynum because they play with their back to the basket."

O'Neal is later asked if he meant Brook Lopez, not his twin brother, Robin.

"Brook. Same thing. They're brothers."

http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/brooklyn-nets/post/_/id/6024/shaq-lopez-better-than-d-12

Shaq is so desperate for attention, I truly think he makes controversial comments just to see his name on ESPN.

He didn't even know Brook's name.

Fuel to Dwight's fire. BTW, Howard fired back at Shaq:

Lakers' Howard tells Shaq: 'Move on'

EL SEGUNDO, Calif. -- There appears to be room for only one Superman in Los Angeles. Lakers center Dwight Howard called out Shaquille O'Neal on Thursday, responding to the former Lakers star and TNT analyst's comments that both the Philadelphia 76ers' Andrew Bynum and the Brooklyn Nets' Brook Lopez are the best true big men in the game today.

"I don't care what Shaq says," Howard told reporters after practice. "Shaq played the game. He's done. He's gone. It's time to move on."

Speaking in a roundtable discussion with fellow TNT analysts on NBA TV's Open Court and posted on NBA.com last week, O'Neal placed Howard below Lopez and Bynum because of his "pick-and-roll" style of play.

"We as players, we always watch people before us," O'Neal said. "When I came in, it was Patrick Ewing and Hakeem Olajuwon, guys who played like true centers who played inside. What we have now are centers that are going to the European style, which is a lot of pick-and-roll. Dwight Howard, who's a pick-and-roll player, some people say he's the best center in the league, but me being an old-school center, I'm going to go with Robin Lopez and Andrew Bynum because they play with their back to the basket."

O'Neal later corrected himself to say he was speaking about Brook Lopez and not his brother, Robin, who plays for the New Orleans Hornets.

Source

Edited by Sħãlïq̵'

• 2 weeks later...