Preseason Basketball Discussion

Real Deal

I put an emphasis on the word like, as in similar to, as in comparable too. I even said, key word, which I thought emphasized I know Fields is far from a desirable role player (especially at his outrageous salary). But Melo basically implied that a guy who is a role player, does nothing, or he just doesn't know what it is that role players do, which is even more hilarious. He just doesn't see the big picture, and is kind of a shit teammate. Its not really worth us sitting here and arguing over, especially semantics... Like wtf. I know Fields is garbage, I've never once defended him on this forum, so I don't know why you're getting so bitchy about it.

Also I would take Fields over JR Smith any day of the week. Give me the guy who knows his role over the guy who can't spell role. And I say this knowing Fields is best suited as a backup, far down the bench.

Edited by Check my Stats

Also I would take Fields over JR Smith any day of the week. Give me the guy who knows his role over the guy who can't spell role. And I say this knowing Fields is best suited as a backup, far down the bench.

wow, lol.

JR smith is a better player in every facet of the game besides maybe passing and rebounding. and even that's a debate

I put an emphasis on the word like, as in similar to, as in comparable too. I even said, key word, which I thought emphasized I know Fields is far from a desirable role player (especially at his outrageous salary).

Ok so what player in the league plays a game similar to and comparable to Landry Fields who is a major contributor on a championship team?

Also I would take Fields over JR Smith any day of the week.

lol

I really liked what I saw from Harrison Barnes tonight. Sure, it was against the Suns and he had Michael Beasley on him, but if he can play like that on a consistent basis, he is going to have a very nice rookie season. He was active on the glass (7 boards, 3 offensive), was sticking open jumpers (3-4 from three) and was even showing some ability to get into the paint with some dribble penetration. He got caught a couple of times (committed a charge and also picked up his dribble on the baseline which resulted in a turnover) but he also managed to draw a couple of fouls and had one really nice move but offensive interference wiped out what would've been 2 points for him.

Defensively he did a nice job of bodying up on Beasley and not biting on his fakes.

One thing that I couldn't help but laugh about was the Warriors commentators. I think it is fairly safe to say that they saw none of Barnes in college. They were talking about how he needs to develop a mid range jumper, particularly a one or two dribble pull up. Anybody who watched Barnes at UNC over the past two seasons could tell you that the one or two dribble pull up is Barnes bread and butter. They were also going on about how he is proving so many people wrong about his 3 point shooting. Did anybody really doubt Barnes ability to shoot? It is his ability to create off the bounce and decision making that people questioned (and from what I've seen so far in the preseason, both of these things have improved) about him.

It really isn't a big deal or anything, just something I got a laugh about.

On the other hand, the other Tar Heel in this game (Kendall Marshall) looked bad. He just looked completely outmatched against Jarrett Jack out there. He didn't play a whole lot and this is only the first Suns preseason game I've watched, so I'm not sure if it was just an off night for him or if this has been a regular thing so far. I loved his playmaking heading into the draft but was skeptical how effective he would be outside of that and I saw next to nothing from him in this game.

Bleh, Chandler had to leave the game due to a sore knee. That pretty much negates any meaning left to the result of this game. Still worth checking out Melo vs. Crash.

Lol, it never had any meaning. They aren't even playing at MSG. Still nice to see Crash playing great D on Melo.

I really want to see Watson have an impact tonight, he's been too quiet this preseason.

Eric Bledsoe did a good job of playing the role of Chris HeliFLOPter Phall. E-Bled just missed on a triple-double scoring a team-high 22 pts, dishing out 11 dimes (including this over-the-shoulder no-look beauty to Willie Green) to go along with game-high 9 steals! He just needs to slow it down when handling the ball. He's kinda like outta control at times, and makes TOs. We could use his energy on D, and rebounding. I'm surprised CP3 ain't had an influence on him in ball management. For more on Bledsoe check out my Stat Tracker.

Eric Bledsoe did a good job of playing the role of Chris HeliFLOPter Phall. E-Bled just missed on a triple-double scoring a team-high 22 pts, dishing out 11 dimes (including this over-the-shoulder no-look beauty to Willie Green) to go along with game-high 9 steals! He just needs to slow it down when handling the ball. He's kinda like outta control at times, and makes TOs. We could use his energy on D, and rebounding. I'm surprised CP3 ain't had an influence on him in ball management. For more on Bledsoe check out my Stat Tracker.

No one is going to check out your "stat tracker" when you just copy and paste information from major news sites like nba.com, espn, etc. I mean you literally just copy and paste it with absolutely no regard in the world to the person or website who wrote it, which is plagiarism. We have quotation tags for a reason.

Until you actually post your own thoughts on the game or some kind of analysis of player x's play during that game I see it as nothing more than post padding. Hell, if someone really cared to find out about player x's stats they'd go to one of the aforementioned sites where they could find anything and everything they need.

No one is going to check out your "stat tracker" when you just copy and paste information from major news sites like nba.com, espn, etc. I mean you literally just copy and paste it with absolutely no regard in the world to the person or website who wrote it, which is plagiarism. We have quotation tags for a reason.

Until you actually post your own thoughts on the game or some kind of analysis of player x's play during that game I see it as nothing more than post padding. Hell, if someone really cared to find out about player x's stats they'd go to one of the aforementioned sites where they could find anything and everything they need.

Lol shaliz gonna shaliz

Looks like Miami is giving Wade time at the PG? and Ray Allen looks like the same Ray Allen. If Miller gets the touch like he did tonight, leave those two out on the floor and the offense is set. I'm not sold on Lewis though.

Davis was good, but I feel bad for Rivers.