Davis Impressing in Raptors Training Camp

Despite entering his 3rd NBA season, this is actually the first real training camp that Davis has attended. He missed his rookie one due to knee surgery that kept him out of action until December and then last year the lockout shortened season wiped away much of camp.

According to many people who have been following the Raptors camp, Davis has been the most impressive Raptor in camp.

Jack Armstrong was on TSN Radio and spoke highly of Davis. He said he looks bigger, his jumper has improved and that he looks more comfortable and confident on the floor.

Beat writers, such as Wolstat and Koreen, have spoke highly about Davis' plays during camp as well.

In the Raptors intrasquad game yesterday, he was the best player on the floor according to everything I've read. He finished with 14 points and 12 boards.

What do you expect from Davis this year? This really is his first true offseason of his career where he can work on his game with the coaching staff.

He impressed me a hell of a lot in each summer game I watched. I could see him being a really good 6th man for us. Maybe even starting PF if Barg happened to move back up to C. Either way I'm really looking forward to seeing him this year. Especially if Val struggles like most of us expect him too.

I also said a few months ago that I think they should maybe trade Davis. I still think he might be a good trading option, but I'm expecting a very good return for him if they did happen to trade him. We seem to be fairly crowded at every position right now though, so I don't think trading him for another position would really help anything. We'll see. I'm very excited for the season to start.