Lowry Out With Strained Adductor Muscle; No Timetable for Return

RaptorsPR ‏@RaptorsPR

@Klow7 out for 3 preseason games this week w/ strained left adductor muscle. Therapy & rehab; no timetable for return to full activity.

I knew he was nursing some sort of injury, but I didn't know what it was and how long he would be out. All I knew is that he wasn't going to play against Real Madrid and that the injury had something to do with his lower body.

Hopefully he can get in a few preseason games since I think it will be very important not only for him, but the team as a whole, for him to get some game minutes since he is going to be such an important piece of the team this year.

Of course, I wouldn't rush him back just so that he gets some preseason games under his belt. God forbid they rush him back like they did with Bargnani last year and we are stuck watching Calderon as the starter for the first month of the season.

• Owner

I wouldn't worry too much about getting him back before the season starts. The Raptors have a lot of work to do, anyway, and I doubt him sitting out until November would be an issue in the grand scheme of things. They know what he brings to the table, that he was brought in to do a little bit of everything, so this would be a great time for the Raptors to focus on how the two rooks (Valanciunas and Ross) are going to fit in with a PG that is a willing passer (Calderon). Once you put your finger on that, you'll know what you'll need from Lowry, if you want him to distribute more, or if you're going to need him to score buckets (since he can do both).

I wouldn't worry too much about getting him back before the season starts. The Raptors have a lot of work to do, anyway, and I doubt him sitting out until November would be an issue in the grand scheme of things. They know what he brings to the table, that he was brought in to do a little bit of everything, so this would be a great time for the Raptors to focus on how the two rooks (Valanciunas and Ross) are going to fit in with a PG that is a willing passer (Calderon). Once you put your finger on that, you'll know what you'll need from Lowry, if you want him to distribute more, or if you're going to need him to score buckets (since he can do both).

Toronto Raptors hire former Los Angeles Lakers athletic coordinator Alex McKechnie – NBA News

On Thursday, the Toronto Raptors officially announced the hiring of the renowned physical trainer Alex McKechnie, who was previously the athletic performance coordinator for the Los Angeles Lakers.

You would think the Raps wouldn't have these type of injuries with a guy like Alex McKechnie in the fold ?