Golden State at Phoenix

Real Deal

• 4 weeks later...
•Center Andrew Bogut, out since January 25 with a fractured left ankle, finally will make his debut for the Warriors. His status was in doubt throughout the day, including 75 minutes before the top when coach Mark Jackson told reporters, “it’s getting closer but he’s still to be determined.” Bogut was traded from Milwaukee to Golden State on March 13 but never suited up

http://tbt.blogs.nba.com/

• Owner

It feels great to watch an Australian play whilst also watching my favourite team playing!

It's felt so long since I've seen either of them play.

Welcome back, bro!

I saw some of this game, but not enough to make many points. Did see the stats, though, and noticed that Lee and Curry were a combined 4-30 FG. Wow. Thank the basketball gods for Landry's big fourth, and other role players stepping up (my boy B-RUSH).

Curry missed maybe six shots in a row when I was watching, and at first, I just played it off as him struggling through that ankle injury...but then, he was grabbing an abnormal amount of boards, so it was easy for me to assume that he just couldn't hit anything tonight.

Welcome back, bro!

I saw some of this game, but not enough to make many points. Did see the stats, though, and noticed that Lee and Curry were a combined 4-30 FG. Wow. Thank the basketball gods for Landry's big fourth, and other role players stepping up (my boy B-RUSH).

Curry missed maybe six shots in a row when I was watching, and at first, I just played it off as him struggling through that ankle injury...but then, he was grabbing an abnormal amount of boards, so it was easy for me to assume that he just couldn't hit anything tonight.

Thanks man. I love what you did with the place!

Yeah, the Lee/Curry combination was woeful tonight especially for shooting. The 2 missed ft's in the last 10 second by Curry pretty much summed it up. Regardless of that, the Warriors still found a way to win this game.

For the Suns, we did a great job getting back into the game but had problems sealing the deal at the end with no real offensive threat towards the end. It seemed Dudley was our main scoring option and when that's the case you know something is wrong. In cases like this Beasley would be helpful but he just wasn't consistent enough today, I really hope this turns out to be a great season for Beasley but with the way things are going right now it doesn't seem like it.

Curry was pathetic tonight. It was so bad that I honestly question why he wasn't just benched and have Jack run the show in the 4th. He was just awful on both ends of the floor. The only thing he did well was rebound. He was lucky that Dragic's shot was off as well or else Goran would've dropped 25+ on him.

As bad as Curry was, Lee was about 5X as bad. It was actually comical seeing Gortat repeatedly swat Lee's weak attempts all game long. I swear all 5 of Gortat's blocks came against Lee. Scola was also abusing him in the post. I actually wonder why they didn't exploit that matchup more during the course of the game because it seemed Scola was scoring every time he had Lee on him in the post. I can understand why Lee was on the floor down the stretch since Bogut, who I thought played really well, was absolutely gassed, but man, he was just brutal tonight.

Luckily for these two, Landry stepped up big time. Great 4th quarter for him and he really was the reason why the Warriors won a game they had no business winning (not that Phoenix played well, GS was just that bad tonight).

One thing that I really hated was the way Jackson handled Barnes. Why even start that guy if you are just going to have him stand in the corner for 6 minutes, yank him for the rest of the half and then basically do the same thing in the 2nd? It was only one game so I won't think too much of it, but if that is how Jackson plans on utilizing him, he might as well just start Rush (or Jefferson if he wants to keep using Rush off the bench) and let Barnes actually get some touches with the 2nd unit. He isn't going to develop if that is what his role on the team is going to be.

As for Phoenix, well, all I can say is that it is going to be a long season for them. Then again, I think most people already realized that. After all, Michael Beasley is their number one option and that just has disaster written all over it.

All in all, this was a very ugly game. I'm kind of surprised I actually watched all of it because there were multiple times where I came very close to shutting it off.

It feels great to watch an Australian play whilst also watching my favourite team playing!

It's felt so long since I've seen either of them play.

Yeah, I thought Andrew (Bogut) looked a'ight tonight but Lee was getting owned by Scola. Also:

http://i.imgur.com/aCu3w.jpg

^ Curry and Lee shot a combined... 4-30! :o